Authentic Figures = American Revoltech?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by littleiron, May 21, 2007.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah same here. if they're not too expensive ill probably snag them. may keep 'em mosc tho.

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are pretty nice!

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Love the joints. Even with uber cool joints though it really doesn't help me because the designs still are not appealing to me personally.

Now if they ever get some past characters that were appealing to me and they put these joints on them then we've got a must buy. Really doubt though we'd see that for a while since they are so determined to push movie related items for a while.

4. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Other than Megatron, I like them all.

5. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Think its more attributed to the entire coverage. Now we know they are both poseable enough and decoed enough for the price to be worth it.

Whas only speculating. Because a big name corp ripping off a smaller garage kit company is just plain bad sport. There has to be a story behind this. 0_0 The similarities and approaches are (sculpting or not) all too similar.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Toys take an average of about 1 year to design. I'm pretty sure these joints utilized on these figures were already designed several months before you even showed your friend the joints. Besides, by the time that was going on, production of these was probably going on in china.

Maybe Hasbro worked out a deal with kaiyodo for use of the revoltech joint. Revoltechs have been out since mid 06, I'm sure both takara tomy and hasbro knew about them. They are big toy companies after all.

I think there is a licensing thing going on. I highly doubt hasbro would put themselves in hot water by stealing another company's design. Therefore I think there is a licensing agreement, and heck for all we know some of the revoltech designers may have been brought in for design consultance. If they can bring Kawamori Shoji in for THS-02 Convoy and MP-03 Starscream, then why not one of the revoltech designers?

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Given that Kaiyado has a working relationship w/ Takara already, as evidenced by their Megatron, Prime, and Magnus figures, I can't believe that some sort of official arrangment isn't in place.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I just broke down and bought Revoltech Convoy and Megatron and plan on buying these movie versions to stand together for a now and then look. My only hope is that they're around the same height.:redface2: 

9. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    How can anyone even think that Hasbro would be using the Revoltech joint design without properly licensing it? With as long as Hasbro has been around, and being one of the largets toy manufacturers, plus considering all the licensing they're doing already, it's a ridiculous conclusion.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    LOLZ at the all the "Hasbro stole Revoltech's joints" and "I showed my Revoltech to a friend who works at Hasbro. Did Hasbro steal the idea because I showed my friend?".

:lolol  :lolol 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Judging by the comparison pics between the joints on the Movie action figures and the authentic Revoltech joints, I'd wager they're about the same size.

Back when Megatron was first shown I figgured the joints were Revoltech-inspired. I didn;t realize how close they'd be in all actuality. I'm not quite as taken with the Revoltechs as most people seem to be, so thats really not a deciding factor with these guys, but Barricade is still a big temptation. Jazz looks great too. I'll have to see them in person and find out what the price is before saying whether or not I'll buy them. If they're less than $10 I'll most likely get Barricade for sure.

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They look much better in these pictures. Prime looks pretty good when posed

13. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Does these come out first or second wave?

14. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Is Hasbro making these? And shouldn't Kaiyodo sue?

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, they're TF Movie toys, so I'm guessing that's a safe bet
    Did you read the thread? Seriously--do you really think that Hasbro just said, "Aw, hell, let's just open ourselves up to lawsuits for no reason at all." Kaiyado has made TF Revoltechs, so they at least have a relationship with Takara. Seeing as how Takara and Hasbro are partners for TF stuff, it seems almost impossible that Hasbro and Kaiyado don't have some sort of agreement in place.

16. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Well, while I don't share your anti-movie stance, I thank you for expressing your opinion in an intelligent manner. Some people (no names) just pop into threads and post a one-word reply and then leave. :redface2: 

Because of your talents, I award you the Galvatron397 Smart Poster's Badge!! :thumb 

[​IMG]

17. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone know how much they will cost?

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I saw no Hasbro logo, so I never assume. Just because Kaiyado had a license to make Megatron and Prime doesn't really mean anything. Kaiyado's merchandise is distrubuted by Diamond Select in the United States, they have no direct connection with Hasbro. And since we are seeing American packaging, it's safe to assume this isn't Takara.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    :lolol 

teh interwebs r funny :) 

20. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

:lol 

ya i kno!!1 :D