Australian Police Announcement for MP-5 Megatron Owners

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tober, Sep 25, 2007.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    after reading that i shook my head

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I don't think you know what the word 'loathe' means. It's the opposite of love.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'm the exact same way. Growing up I was big into army stuff and toy guns and *especially* G.I. Joe, but my parents *never* let me play toy guns. As I got older my mother still wouldn't let me play with toy guns, but my step father (an ex cop and avid hunter) didn't really feel the same way. And despite him owning a fair amount of live firearms, I never once showed any interest in them and rather chose to stink to my toys. Nowadays I have a dresser draw filled with fake toy guns, a few cap guns, a few nerf guns, and easily my favorite 'toy' gun of them all my Paintball guns. And I still have yet to show any interest in owning or using a real one.

It basically all boils down to how someone is raised, because someone who commits a crime probably will commit those crimes regardless of whether they have a gun or not. And most of these 'kids shooting kids' incidents are gang related and make use of illegally obtained firearms.

That being said, I would have no problem with stricter gun laws here, but I would certainly not get behind a notion to ban them outright. Especially if it meant banning toy and replica guns as well. Seeing as I could *make* a deadly firearm in this day and age with PVC tubing and some other hardware store mats, I don't think it's the actual weapon itself that's the problem.

4. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

look on the bright side. MP-01 is faar better.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I am quite sure our right-wing gun-toting friends who read this thread used it as part of some sort of NRA-backed argument against any sort of gun control in the US for 'it turns us into pussies like those Australians'.

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Ya no doubt. But they should at least offer you a chance to own it. Like sign a waiver or somethin'.

"Dear Tiby,

We've recently recieved contraband addressed to you by the AUS. CUSTOMS DEPT. As you may know, these items are deemed illegal in AUSTRAILIA due to the replica look of a firearm. We here at ACD (austrailian customs dept.)will need you to come down to BLABLAHBLAH and either sign a formulary waiver of acceptance by abiding to our guidelines to release this property to you. Or return to Sender fully paid for by US because IT IS OUR LAW and not your's, SORRY BOUT THAT MATE. If these guidelines are not followed, your immediate arrest and detention will be served, if your property is used in a crime. Have a nice day. NOOKIE NOOKIE WANKA WANKA."

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    But that's the thing. Aussies aren't pussies. Aussies are well hard. Steve Irwin, Paul Hogan, Yahoo Serious, big tough action men.

In Canada, there are more guns per capita than in the rest of the G8, be we ARE regarded as pussies. Jim Carrey, John Candy, Micheal J Fox, weak, soft clowns. Therefore, guns don't make you bad ass, they make you a pussy.

8. Stickybullseye

Stickybullseye New Member

being a Victorian Transformer fan I was keen find to out if we'd soon have the same opportunity as our NSW friends. This is the answer I got from the Vic Justice Dep:

Wish I lived in NSW.

9. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Get a P.O. Box in NSW...just joking lol. Hey it might work.....