Australian G1 DVD exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Liger Megatron, May 22, 2006.

1. Liger Megatron

Liger Megatron New Member

Madman Australia (the company that have the rights to DVD releases of Transformers in Australia) are offering a really neat exclusive to Australian G1 fans.

While all 3 G1 U.S. seasons have already been released in Australia on DVD, they plan on doing a "best of" release in the near future. So there's a poll going for anyone interested in voting for their favourite episodes (can vote/submit up to 10 eps) here;

http://www.theyareamongus.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=68&t=38

2. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

I don't get it. If you've got all the episodes, why purchase a best of collection? :stick: 

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Not only that, but just 10 episodes?:confused: 

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Sounds less like "We're doing this for the fans!" and more like a "Hey, we want more of your money!"

Why else would they go to the trouble of releasing a single collection DVD when you can just go out and buy all the seasons?

Forgive my thought process on that.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A "Best of..." disc should really have come before the season sets. I like the way the He-Man sets went. Best of set with amazing extras, and then the season sets with even better extras. I didn't feel a bit swindled with buying the best of set there.

If they can do something very special for those discs, like commentary by the writers or directors of the episodes, or maybe have interviews or a documentary, it would be worth it. Otherwise it's just a needless double-dip.

6. The_Angelus_San

The_Angelus_San Well-Known Member

Unless this exclusive comes with ALOT of extras, ill be giving it a pass since I already own the first 5 box sets (and it isnt excessively difficult to find a particular episode).

I guess we'll wait and see, but i wont be setting aside any extra cash for this one thats for sure.