Australian Conventions

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jordy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    For all Australian fans that have not heard about this news, the man himself will be coming down to Australia to Answer which is better Monkey or Truck, Yes Garry Chalk is coming to Australia, after many long emails that I had sent to the convention organizers and sending them his agents details they have finally agreed to bring him to Australia for the Heroes and Villians convention to be held on August 25th and the 26th 2012. HEROES AND VILLAINS

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 2
  2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Proof? Source? :) 

3. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    click the heroes and villians title and it will take you there. Or go to Culture Shock Events and scroll down to the events part where it says Heroes and Villians or alternatively you can source the Culture Shock Events on Facebook by typing their name into the search engine. I can assure you that this is legit and he is coming down. I have been trying to get him and Gregg Berger down to Australia since Gregg asked me to advertise his sons band BACKLINE the same band Vangelus and Gregg spoke about in one of his videos.

4. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I'll def try and make it. I live in SA so Penrith is a bit far but I can probably swing it.

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Damn, I'm stuck in Perth and don't have half a clue where Penrith is. To be fair, I wouldn't go anyways, as I'm only interested in conventions that are either a) about Transformers/other giant robot line I like, or b) have exclusives I have to have.

Not spending the money to go to Pentrith, sorry. Hope you all like the convention. I'll be enjoying the few months of Perth weather where it's not 40+. :) 

6. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never heard of this convention before but the fact Gary Chalk is going definitely means I am!

7. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Penrith's in NSW.

Anyways, I might try and go to this. Just need to think of a way to get my parents to take me.

8. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Well why don't we arrange a TFW Australia meet up there then, the Australian side of TFW2005 can meet up and we can take pictures as well. There is always American convention meet ups so why not an Australian one. I will post it up in the Meet ups section for those who wish to go okay guys. Also while we are at it here are some more that people may wish to go to.

http://www.ozcomiccon.com/
    They have one in Melbourne and Adelaide so if any one wants to meet up there please let me know.

Orbital it's a brand new one, it may be a one off we don't know but if it proves to be a hit they may do more.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Oooh. I've never heard of this but if it's some kind of convention in Australia with Garry Chalk attending it I definitely try to get there in August.

10. 420bot

420bot ******

Pretty cool.

11. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    If a meet up does happen please post a link here to the discussion

12. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I'd love a meet-up - even though I am likely to be the old fogey w/ my cracked hip and walking frame hehehe.

I live in Adelaide, but have family in Melbourne so either of those locations would be great. Anywhere else will probably be doable as long as I know in advance.

13. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Penrith is not exactly a prime spot for a convention.

14. Culture Shock

Culture Shock New Member

Actually we think Penrith is a great place to run the event. Penrith is only 50 mins from the Sydney CBD and a great place to live (but I am biased). We thought we would take an event to the masses, and as western Sydney is the biggest growth area what better place. Penrith also has the biggest licenced club in Australia with a fantastic venue and other entertainment options onsite so why not take advantage of them. Parking is free, the air is clean and we have a great backdrop of the Blue Mountains, what more can you ask for :) 

We are currently working on our other guests, but it is likely that our second VA guest will also have a Transformer association.

15. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ^If you guys were able to get David Kaye or Scott McNeil, I would be over the flippin moon.

16. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Great!!! Keep us updated on any future additions to the guest list, please xxxx

17. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Well I have been supplying them with contacts guys, so if it is who I think it is as I provided some contacts to the guys, you will love who it is either way. Let's just say culture shock knows what they are doing and they will make one hell of a convention for us!

18. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

So, someone clear things up for me: it's called Heroes and Villains....exactly what heroes and villains are we talking here? Obviously not just TFs, but are we getting into Marvel/DC territory, Star Wars, anime....? Or is it just a matter of "this convention needs more Deadpool" and you guys just randomly select a few?

If you guys ever set up a convention in Perth I'd be happy to attend (we have a convention and exhibition centre, but there's never anything good to exhibit aside from Wai-Con which is way to focused on Japanese Anime).

19. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    best to go check it out at the culture shock website treadshot.