Australian animated releases

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lambi, Apr 11, 2009.

1. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Does anyone know whats up with Australian toy releases? Is there a site where I can find out whats coming and when? Im mostly after animated toys. I really want to get ahold of Swindle.
    Im living in Melbourne at the moment, one store in town called Minotaur had lots of new figures a couple months back, but at the ridiculous price of $40 australian for a deluxe. I passed on that.
    Also, amazon doesnt ship toys overseas.
    Is anyone from Melbourne, or know of a site that has the info?
    Much appreciated.

2. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Woah, woah, woah.

$40 for a deluxe?

Holy pants!

Most K-marts near me have them going for $20!

3. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

It was just this one store that specialized in pop-culture stuff. It was the only place I saw Swindle, Blurr and Waspinator.
    I really wish theyd come out in places like Kmart.

4. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

most of the big chain stores have them now. i found blurr, swindle and lockdown in my local target, they have also been found at decent prices in TRU and Toyworlds.

5. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

I live east of Melbourne - Myer, Big W and K-mart have had the Blurr/Swindle/Blazing Lockdown wave and Toys 'R' Us also had Samurai Prowl/Waspinator. Myer had the Animated deluxes for $40 though :scalper . In the Australia Sightings thread there was talk that Animated Voyagers Shockwave/Skywarp/Wreck-Gar/Atmoic Lugnut might not be released here.

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Are you kidding? K-mart's non sale price for current line deluxes is about $27. Big-W is the cheapest being around $24 - $26.

7. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    There are 9 major shops that I check every week at least once here in Sydney, and they are busy places that get new stock often. Over the last few weeks I have found all the deluxes of the last wave at least once but no voyagers or leaders.

If you want Wreck-Gar or Shockwave you should import before its too late. I have done this with the key characters but I would love to find Skywarp, Sunstorm, purple Shockwave and Roadbuster Magnus locally. I doubt that it will happen.

Toys sold now would have needed to be imported two or three months ago to make it to shelf. At that time the dollar was very low at about 0.61Usd, that would have priced the larger sizes at too much for kids to get out of holiday season. Sad, but not much we can do about it.

8. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

East Melbourne it is then! Im still fairly new to Melbourne, so I dont know a lot of locations. Ill have to check next weekend.
    I got mostly check the city, Brunswick, little toy shops near work (Brighton) and Chadstone shopping centre.

9. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member