Australia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by F22Raptor, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

Ebay:
    Got some time off today so I rushed over. All the TR Deluxes, Voyagers and Leaders were sold out but I was able to get what I wanted anyway: Crash Bash and Terribull.

2. gollum6974

gollum6974 Extreme Collector!

Toys r us ASPLEY QLD. Again hits it with wave 2 of Titans return found 12 ASTROTRAINS AND ALPHA TRIONS bought 4, 2 of each and heaps of chromedome, highbrow, and wiredwolf, only 1 mindwipe bought 2 of each and the 1 mindwipe, will post pics of receipts and toys tomorrow when I get them out of lay-by had to wait for check arrives tomorrow. WLL POST.

3. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

Ebay:
    This likely means Sydney has them too. I hope they aren't out of Deluxes by the time I get there.

4. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

Ebay:
    Heads up guys; I saw the whole first wave (minus the Leaders) at Kmart and Myers. Target hasn't gotten them but the other stores had at least one of everything.

I picked up the other two Titan Masters.

5. nelo_esper

nelo_esper Active Member

Unfortunately, Target is unlikely to get anything at all. Under their current restructuring, Target is phasing out poorly performing departments, of which toys is one, and concentrating on clothing and home-ware.

It is the reason Target did not have their usual mid year toy sale. By Christmas when most layby purchases are picked up, the toy department is expected to be gone completely in most stores. They didn't want to have to store all that merchandise in the meantime.

Not sure what it is like in the major city stores, but the local Targets where I live are already massively stripped down. What stock they have is only what has already been there for months (years in some cases) or that was ordered before the decision was made and usually is transferred in from stores in the cities so they don't have to deal with it. The last new transformers to appear to my knowledge were the Quillfire wave of rid and wave 4 of CW legends. The entire TF area has consisted of a total of less than a dozen figures for months now.

Of course now that I've said all that, I expect I'll find the entire Titan line in Target the next time I am there.

6. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

Ebay:
    Damn...that's kinda saddening. The toy market may not be making as much money, but its still doing well enough for the entire Titans Return wave to be sold out in two days.

I mean seriously, what the hell? Why is everyone dropping toys? It's stupid!

On a lighter note, I saw a Titans Return poster at Bondi Junction train station. I couldn't take a photo though, as I had to get the train.

7. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Online stores most likely the cause

8. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

Ebay:
    Kids don't buy online.

But yeah, if stores lower stock, people will buy online. Then it just ends up being an endless cycle.