Australia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by F22Raptor, Dec 29, 2003.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    The RiD 2-pack were found at Sydney CBD Myer. I'm not sure if stock has gone to other stores, or just dumped on the one store.
    But if you are really keen on this set, see if any of the american online stores or ebay has it. Even airmailing it, this pack would have to be cheaper than getting it locally. Hasbro Australia have over-priced this thing so much that you could get three in America for what one is priced here.

Also, just sighted today was the Star Wars Millenium Falcon TF, at a Target store for AU$75.
    http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=458&st=20&p=4687&#entry4687

2. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I saw the BW 10th anniversary last night. Myers Queen St Mall had them. Rhinox, Dinobot, TM2 Rattrap, Tarantulas, Waspinator and Cheetor. No DVDs that I saw, but I wasn't looking all that hard for them.

3. maf

maf Web-crawler

I guess no one can help me out with my question?

4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Maf, not me, I haven't heard anything about a paint app error on Magnus (but then, I don't look). However, Target in morayfield had Magnus for $79 on Saturday.

And no RiD two-packs in Myers Queen St, either. just lots of the current Cybertron stuff and the BW 10th anniversary stuff.

5. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    I've never heard of the paint problem either. Have you emailed TFSource and asked them? If they have made mention of it on their website, they *should* know something about it.

6. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Strange... I kinda noticed this too today when I went off to Brisbane city. Why didn't they have the DVDs - copyright issues, or something else?

7. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    We got the multi-lingual packaging version of the Beast Wars toys, which is probably for non-US countries. The DVDs in the US release are Region One, and licensing probably prohibits their release here in our Region Four. Since it is a multi-lingual packaging for release in a number of countries within different DVD regions, the DVD would need to be 'Region Free' to be able to be used in all those different countries. Producing region free DVDs may not have been allowed. As such, the non-US production run of these six toys have no DVD, has altered packaging(no mention of DVD and is multi-lingual), and has an altered insert (no-DVD bubble).

8. JD

JD Well-Known Member

PRIMUS IN AUSTRALIA!!!!111111

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've found him at several stores in Melbourne. Sadly however, he's a Kmart exclusive for us Aussies :( 

9. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    I'd be surprised if it were a store exclusive, or at least, beyond its initial release, because Hasbro would need every outlet possible to sell these big over-priced things.

Couple of related things for Kmart here:
    Alternator Optimus has appeared at Kmart stores, listed as 'dodge ram' and not 'alternator' - probably making this a one-off release because of the character, or perhaps Hasbro Australia has started releasing Alternators to retailers again.

Star Wars Transformers are no longer being stocked at Kmart stores. While at the same time, Shortround, Scrapmetal, Lugnutz and Repugnus seem to be scanning in as SWTFs, which are twice the price. This is a national error, probably due to who ever entered those items into the computer system.

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I had ordered one from Fan 2 Fan in Japan when he was released. There were reports of thin white paint or missing paint apps in some spots. I'm not sure how severe they were or how prevelant they were either. Mine was perfect.

11. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Wait, Primus AND a new Alt??? Argh! I could have bought both this week, but instead, I've ordered PC peripherals ><

Of sightings interest, the BW toys are at Mr Toys in Queen St Mall, for just under $40 each. Cheaper at Myers, by memory.

Edit: Stupid question, no one's mentioned Primus' AU price, nor Alt Prime. Anyone got any figures?

12. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Primus is $129 and Alt Prime is about $50

Oh and has anyone found Metroplex yet? He was supposedly found at a toyworld somewhere in AUS last month.

As for Alt. Prime, even though it's early he appears to be clogging shelves at an amazing pace! Hopefully he'll eventually do well enough for Mirage and rumble to ship

13. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I hope we have them up here... and yeah, Metroplex and Menasor have both been sighted, in Brisbane if nowhere else. We've got plenty of Metroplexes in Queen St Mr Toys. I think he outnumbers the giant numbers of supreme Starscreams they got in.

14. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I wish there were some Mr Toys stores in Victoria :( 

15. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    Mr Toys is just Toyworld, and gets stock from the same melbourne warehouse that the rest of the Toyworld stores around Australia do.
    The name Mr Toys is just a prefix to the name Toyworld. Some stores are called 'Toyworld' and some are called 'Mr Toys Toyworld'. There aren't any just called 'Mr Toys'.

16. JD

JD Well-Known Member

That may be true but all the melbourne ToyWorld's I visit appear to get everything MONTHS after those in other states :mad: 

17. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Usually, that's the state here, too, and they tend to stock up on one toy and nothing else. I still remember this store missing the last waves of BW and later waves of BM to stock up on about 50-60 TM2 Megatrons and Tigerhawks. Ugh, it took them two years and shifting stock between 3 stores to shift them... and because they had a wall of them, they didn't get much else in at the time.

Ah well, I'll do a phonearound in the next day or two for Primus and Alt Prime... heh.

EDIT: First hit was lucky, KMArt at Morayfield have both, so I'm picking them up on my way home. Dunno if they're normal primus or with little uni head, though. Will add to this later.

18. JD

JD Well-Known Member

RID Prime and Magnus at the Ringwood, Dandenong and Knox Myers. Talk about overpriced :roll:

19. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Yay ^^ Unicron head Primus. And he's gorgeous ^^ Also found Alt Prime. Morayfield KMart had oodles of both, and they're being used in next week's toy catalogue sale (according to the toy department person there, but she put hers out early because they had so many). Alt Prime is nice, but I can't get his hood to sit down on his front after I transformed him for the first time :( 

20. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alt Prime

Found Alt Prime at Capalaba Kmart (South Brisbane - QLD). Its at a cost of $49.95 at the moment. There's only three there but i'm hoping that they'll still have some and Primus for the toy sale on 6th July