Australia Makes a Deal with Malaysia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spiritprime, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    While I'm happy that we'll see less asylum seekers for a while, but obviously, I've never been so ashamed of being an Australian...

2. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Oh, my.
    Don't really know what to think of this :s

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'll get my two bob in before the mods close this due politics rules.

I really hate myself sometimes because I just feel like telling those seeking Asylum in Aus to bugger off. I know they come from a broken misery we can only imagine, I know they've sacrificed all their worldly goods and who knows what else to get here and I know that despite some casual racism, we're a good people with a great country.

However we have so many problems of our own, that we are unable to fix. Children born here can still live in appalling squalor, or be born drug addicts. There are places out in the Northern Territory that are so bad our former Prime Minister, John Howard, ordered an intervention by the Australian Army to counter issues of alcohol abuse, rape (both of women and children), illicit drug abuse and rampant tribalism among the locals.

I'm struggling to think of another Western Nation that has ever had to do that.

This deal will probably backfire on us, but I do know that Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard's relationship is akin to that of Perry Cox and Bob Kelso

"Man I'm cold"

"Hotter than hell, Bob"

"You're a great guy, Perry"

"Bob I hate your guts"

And so on, so at this stage: I'm kicking back, and I'm gonna look after me and my own, cos I don't trust a government run by the lesser of the two stooges to do it for me.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The United States, England, Canada, pretty much any nation that has ever invoked Martial Law.

Saying "we're full up, sorry" is not going to be a solution for any nation. These people are still going to come, they're still going to risk their necks at a chance at a better life, and at least if there's some support or sympathy on the part of the government of the nation they flee to, things will go better for them and there'll be a reduction in some of the horrendous problems that go along with their condition.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Did the UK, the US or Canada declare martial law in the past ten years? Because it was by my count less than a decade ago that the event I mentioned happened.

Northern Territory National Emergency Response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To me, this was an embarrassment of the highest order.

This deal with Malaysia might make a lot of folks nervous; if only because a lot of the refugees might also come from Indonesia via the human traffic trade. Indonesia is the world's most populous Muslim country, and while that shouldn't mean much; it will. To the man on the street who has seen only the dark side of Islam in the news; having them filter down here is not desirable.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

3. No Discussion On Politics, Religion or Abortion
    This includes signatures, user titles and avatars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.