Aussie's Headmaster's to be released 7 November 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deemer, Sep 7, 2007.

1. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they released Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Robots in Disguise, Energon and Cybertron boxed sets in North America, I would buy them all. But it is looking less and less likely every day, since now would be the time for it.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That wasn't the real Optimus Prime obviously. That was Ginrai. The StarTV dub just gave him his American (but wrong) name.

It sure was weird hearing a human called Optimus Prime. I got used to Minerva the girl being called Nightbeat though.

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... same region as latin america ... but PAL.

Any ideas on how to see that on NTSC DVD Player/TVs?

-airfox

4. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

The Headmasters dub is honestly my favorite Transformers series. It cracks me up.

I bought both the UK and Chinese releases and both play on the XBOX 360. The UK release also plays on my JVC player.

The unofficial Chinese release with the movie poster cover has the superior synchronized dub, however.

5. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    woo-hoo for Austrailia. Yet, the U.S. gets crapped on again! Well, I guess it's our turn to get crapped on.

6. JonnyT

JonnyT Well-Known Member

If Madman does include the dub, it'll be interesting to see how well they synch it up to the Japanese-sourced episodes. That's always going to be a difficult task due to the number of episodes, and Metrodome decided not to synch up the English dub for Masterforce and Victory after they attempted it with their own release of Headmasters. If you ever spot-checked the dub track on most episodes on the Metrodome release, you would have seen why.

Getting all the English audio properly synched to the picture was clearly a big problem for them, with some being out-of-sync by at least a few seconds, which is very noticable. I have more faith in Madman though, due to their experince with releasing anime productions on DVD. One of them (Space Firebird) seems to have had an obscure dub specifically synched-up to the video by Madman themselves, so there's hope yet to listen to those crazy dubs and watch the (vastly different) subtitles!

7. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    * still waits for the US to get off their asses and finally bring one of these sets to the states* :redface2:  :rolleyes2 

8. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I hear you man. And they haven't even released the entire Unicron trilogy on DVD yet, ( even if it sucks.) Hell, they can't even re-release the original American G1 series without dropping the ball! (Sony sucks!) I always see the clips of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory on you tube and I would really like to be able to finally view the whole damn thing on an official American format. I mean we couldn't even get scramble city with it's original soundtrack intact! So what does that say about our chances of us ever getting these? You would think North America would the one of the first places to get this. Hasbro wake up! At the very least get our old American G1 on DVD again!

9. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Victory is really the only good one out of the Japanese Trilogy anyway.

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Because Hasbro hates the idea of releasing the cartoons, even the ones they've been airing over the past few years over here, so much that they'll jump that license from one sinking ship to another and, by everything I can tell, warn anybody holding it that if they dare release a box set, they'll gut them like a fish.

Releasing individual discs with episodes missing in between to prove that the market isn't sustaining is fine though.

Sorry to correct you, but no, we don't get Cybertron on DVD. Nor Energon. Nor RID. And the fact that the second half of Armada got released appeared to be through the sheer willpower of the company that held the license at the time Armada started to be released, and only then in pure grudge combat mode.

At least they allowed G1 to come out once, and the Beast saga to be completed before shutting down all possibility of DVD box sets in North America.

I don't hate Hasbro, but something is very, very, VERY wrong with the DVD licensees they've chosen in North America since yanking the license from RHINO. They took the license away from a company that at least got the box sets out and have given it to two other companies that sit on it and do nothing. Right now is the time to fix that. People want Transformers NOW.

And yes, I'm angry. I've watched this saga unfold in complete and utter confusion over the past few years. And I get more confused by it with each announcement.

11. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

If I can find a region-free dvd player, I'm getting this. Does anyone have a list of dvd players that are region-free, or can be hacked to be region-free?

Edit: Holy crap, 1,000th post!
    I'm online waaaay too much.

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Well, at least we get a chance at good quality rips being released on the Internet.

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

What's that behind your back? Oh, just the entire movie line that you bought for 1/3 of the price we pay. And what's that over there? Oh hi the endless unreleased figures that we never got to see. How's it going?

14. Anubiz

Anubiz Active Member

Exactly! Besides that's just the tip of the ice berg.

15. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    FYI:

Can't be released in the US without paying a heavy price, literally. The reason "Scramble City" wasn't included dubbed in the re-release of the animated movie is because Sony BGM would have had to pay royalties to all the Japanese individuals involved in everything audio related, from sound effects to music to voice actors.

Australia either paid it, or doesn't have to pay it, due to whatever union/non-union/trade-laws etc. that the country has. Same for the UK.

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
  17. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope so too. I hate subs when I have the choice of dubs instead.

18. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main problem that Metrodome had was that they were given incomplete master tapes for Headmasters, which meant the pre title credit sequence and next episode preview were cut off. This meant cutting the dub audio and then trying to sync it up.

The dub was left off Masterforce and Victory due to the cost, as everything on the DVD had to be rated by the BBFC, which means the English audio, Japanese audio, and subtitles, which means the cost triples from a normal release with only 1 audio.

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Truth be told they could've gotten the US actors to do the job and saved themselves the trouble.

20. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    You want to hear the god awful crackheaded dub of the Headmasters? With Blaster being called Billy?