Customs: Au'jourdhui c'est... mon anniversaire.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Cybertronian, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

10/13 - Happy birthday Me. (Pardon my French.)

And for my birthday I got (myself)...
    1. 1/36 scale Corgi General Lee (with Bo and Luke figurines who don't sit/drive in the car). Like the Corgi KITT I found during the set's release, the General is in scale with Hot Rod, Kup, and Mach Alert/Prowl. Unlike KITT, the General does not have the correct license plate(s). (This looks like a job for... Reprolabels!) The General Lee is a decent size to either fit on my train layout (1:48/O-Scale; whenever I get a chance to set it up again) or alongside my Autobots (until or even after I finish my Cyb. Downshift/General Autobahn Lee custom completed.)
    2. Future Floor Finish (well... Pledge Future Floor Finish), which I promptly went to the grocery store to buy after work. (Which leaves a new question: why would I squander a perfect excuse to go to Target/Wal-Mart/some other toy/dept. store within a reasonable distance from work and home -- on my birthday -- to shop in a grocery store?) Anyway, I hope I have the same magic out of this stuff other people have. (BTW, is this stuff effective on 2003-04 era G.I. Joe heads?)
    3. ROTF Jolt. I'm not "rolling on the floor" because I already have one. This one (which I luckily snagged at said grocery store) will either stay MIP or be used in a custom I'd thought up earlier, but put aside.
    4. Round 2 Auto World Dukes of Hazzard slot cars: Release 5's General Lee and Sheriff Rosco's (show-accurate '77 Dodge Monaco) Patrol Car. Both haven't come in yet (I suspect Columbus Day does that to the mail), but were planned to come in either today or tomorrow. I already have a 1st release (made before Ertl/RC2 decided to finish eating Johnny Lightning and drop the founder and his slot car line) General Lee and 2 TYCO Pontiac Trans Ams (the black one I plan to strip its detailing and change into KITT). Once I get a quality -- working -- track and 2 or more of those TF slot cars (both I guarantee will be repainted), I'll have some classic '80s action on wheels.

2. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

Happy birthday man!! Today is mine as well.

I didn't get all the cool stuff you did. Though I did get some cool vintage Ninja Turtles.

3. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Congratulations. All of mine went mysteriously missing. All I have left is a random General Traag (cartoon) blaster and a 2nd release April.

I also haven't been to Houston in awhile. I hate to give away my secrets, but have you heard of Dave's World (near Montrose)?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :bday 

5. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

I have not heard of Dave's World near Montrose but now that I have - I'm going to take your secret and run!!! I actually work only 15 min away.

6. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Happy Birthday!

7. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Happy Birthday! and to you too Y_R!