August 2014 Community Discussion: Favorite Long-Term Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by An Army of Bees, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

The Cybertron Evac mould never fails to raise a smile from me.

I love gimmicks and this toy has more than most - coupled with a solid alt mode and an excellent bot mould it really is one of my favourite ever mainline retail TFs, if not the favourite.

Blades is probably my favourite paint scheme.

2. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Definitely Hasbro MP-10 Masterpiece Optimus Prime. The robot mode proportions are very dynamic. It has a reasonable amount of diecast metal in it. It has all of the articulation and poseability you could ever want in a Masterpiece Optimus Prime figure, without using a single ball joint in its construction. It even has real rubber tires, chrome, long smokestacks, and it came with every single one of the accessories that the original TakaraTomy release of the figure came with. It also scales well with all of the Post-MP10 Masterpiece figures. It was one of the things my parents gave to me on Christmas Day of 2012. And I find the actual transformations between its modes to be really enjoyable, and I enjoy fiddling with it every chance I get. I even take it with me almost every where I go. Those are my reasons for liking it so much, and also states just how much I like the figure.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

For me...Big Black Convoy

Even with the crappy beast mode that had basically no articulation. The robot mode is amazing. Imposing size, a good amount of weapons, and a removable Matrix. I love that figure. It even has tonfas. I can't even think of another TF with tonfas.

4. Captain

Captain Trust me, I’m the best.

MP-01 still probably displays on my shelf holding it's ground vs G1, BW, and MP's!

5. nazgul777

nazgul777 Well-Known Member

For me it's movie 1 Arcee. Something about her robot mode just oozes personality, and every time I put her away she winds up right back on the desk within a week.

Bantor would also be a contender, with his fun simple transformation odd gimmick and endearing quirkiness. But his foot broke off at the peg, so his fiddling days are over :( 

6. Barman

Barman Member

News Credits:
    For me it is Alternators Smokescreen. This is the TF that got me hooked again. A perfect combination of a scale model and TF in one. The vehicle mode is just great with all the functions you don't get in an other TFs line. The robot model is a bit bulky, but I like it and is good the put in different poses because of the many joint.

Smokescreen has been transformed many times, but not as many as legend Prime breakdown. This one it permanently on the desk and transform him about 10 times a week. Still all the joints are nice and tide. Now that is quality. For a legends it has a intricate transformation and I just like its bulkiness and has very little kibble. But the main reason way I keep this one close, is that I am also an AFOL (adult fan of Lego) and have been working on making a automatic transforming robot for years. This figure has a simple but intricate transformation and it inspires me. Hopefully I will someday find a good solution to make my dream come true, combining both my hobbies into something awesome.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics Bee, Prime and Screamer

8. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Cybertron Optimus Prime. I have two at home. One to display with his regular trailer and the other to display with Wing Saber attached. Regardless of what's attached to him, the toy has so much play value with different modes in both robot and vehicle forms. Little things such as the removable Matrix and faceplate make this the one toy I keep going back to time and time again. To think that it's almost nine years old.

9. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Buster Optimus Prime is the best Optimus Prime figure ever. His vehicle mode is spot on real, even from underneath; save for the gears through the cab windows. MP-10 does not touch this figure. Buster OP does not have huge robot feet hanging off the back of its alt mode, or robot parts showing in truck mode. All of Buster OP's weapons are built in, and sturdy as all heck in either mode. MP-10 is not a Masterpiece, but Buster OP is.

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While many toys rotate on my shelf space, BW Rampage is always on display.

11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    If i hadn't sold this guy years back I would definitely agree. There is so much fun stuff to do with this mould and he was an actual character not just another obligatory black convoy. Unfortunately he much set a trend of for black repaints that followed, every line got the next 5 years or so had an evil Convoy/Scourge repainted in the same colours.

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

90% of my TF's are put away because of my young child (actually it was my nephew that turned out to be the breaker of toys, my kid's pretty good)

But one of the exceptions is Cybertron Downshift.
    The colors are a little ugly and the head could use some articulation, but he's sturdy, easy to transform, has a G1 vibe with modern articulation, and you can activate the gimmick without digging out the cyberkey.

So he hangs out.

Also RiD Scourge/Laser Optimus (aka, "Black Ops, Black Optimus) is a pretty badass Prime. Good articulation, quick transformation, sword. He's a nice balance between G1 and modern.

And an Honorable Mention to "Bendy" Prime. (Although if you think about it, his transformation is very similar to the above).
    The only problem with mine is due to lack of use his shoulder joints are getting stiff, and I worry about breaking him.
    Also the "monster tires" are a sore spot since I got into trucking and noticed how out of proportion they are.
    It might be fun to do a custom with more "realistic scale" wheels on him. (singles in front, dualies in the back)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

G1 Skylynx, given his gimmick of walking is acceptable articulation, even by todays standards, solid alt mode and character. Honestly the only Toy from G1 I would still have on a dispaly with my "classics" so for a what, 27 year old toy? I got to say for long term I don't think your going to find anything to beat that.

Otherwise classic Bee has got to be up there (that wasn't meant as a pun).

Universe Hound.

Gen Drift.

14. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    RotF leader optimus prime. I now also have the dotm jet wing mold. Still my favorite toy!

15. Dudicus377

Dudicus377 New Member

This is hard but I have to say my G1 Sixshot. I bought the reissue with the chromed chest some time late last year and I can not put him down! Most of the TF's I buy get attention for a week then on to the shelf, but not Sixshot! Even with MMC Hexatron I still take G1 Sixshot off the shelf more. Just an awesome figure, design, everything!

16. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime. I haven't spent a day without one since my first one came home with me in the late '80s. Admittedly, I upgraded when I discovered the superior Takara version.

17. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Slightly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Optimus Prime. Sure, his weapon sucks, his faceplate gimmick is iffy, and the black panels on the arms aren't easy on the eyes, but this figure to me is both impossible to put down and vital in just how great an Optimus Prime can be, and should. Great justice done to possibly the greatest version of the greatest character in Transformers history. Figures come and go, but nothing will make me part with this figure. You'll have to pry it from my cold, offline servo.

18. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why but I love BW Rattrap, the tail gimmick, the articulation, the gun that stores perfectly in his beast mode. (Guess I do know why) Plus I have the Takara version with the toon accurate paint, and he is the one I find myself fiddling with the most. He hangs with my MPs.

19. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

I love this thread!
    We TF fans do a lot of complaining... it's really nice to see a thread full of people sharing their joy.

I'll put in another vote for the ROTF Leader Optimus mold. That thing is amazing; hard to imagine anything ever beating it for my tastes.

20. sideswipe1978

sideswipe1978 Autobot

While I love all my classics/generations figures its my G1 Optimus Prime that I always go back to. He was one of my first back in 1984. He is like eating mashed potatoes. Simple, Familiar, and kind of bland; I know what he's all about and it never gets old to me. A very satisfying toy to hold and experience. Lots of playability to it too, the trailer and roller add to the fun.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.