Audio Surf...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Vector Sigma, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

http://www.audio-surf.com/

So today I was reading Penny Arcade as I always do, and they had a list of the independant game developers and their games that they will be showing at PAX and so I was intorudced to Audio surf.

It plays one of the music tracks on your computer and creates a course for you to ride along based on it, and you have to hit various blocks on the way in certain ways to get points, all of which are base on notes and cords in the music.

It's like playing a demented version of Columns with an F-Zero vehicle on a dynamic Rainbow Road from Mario Kart, and I fucking love it...

Your scores are submitted to a database (assuming the song is recognised) so you can challenge your freidns and try to beat the overall leader etc. It's remarkably adictive. I highly suggest people with Steam try the demo!

And speaking of Steam, I've always been aware of it, but only got it today, as I had to to get this game, and it seems bloody marvelous! How had i not heard of this before?...

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's really fuckin' rad. I played something similar to this back in the spring - I think it was Line Rider?

This is my 10,000th post.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Audio Surf is just great fun. I've had it for a few months now. Everyone should at least try out the demo!

4. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Holy shit this is awesome. Ten bucks! BOUGHT. Ska makes for some really screwy tracks.