Audi R8, Barricade or newbie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Nov 26, 2008.

?

Is the Audi R8 Barricade or a new character?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Barricade

29 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. New TF

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. None of the above

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I`m sure others like you are wondering if Barricade has rescanned and taken the form of the Audi R8, or if it`s a totally new character.
    I have a copy of the Audi R8`s robot mode (and the Chevy Trax`s) and am trying to get a clearer, bigger version of it, so once I have, I`ll post it.

Until then, disscus!

2. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I say Barricade! Because he is just so awesome and needs a new car mode!

3. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

barricade for sure. the leaked pic just screams it. and it reasonable enough to assume he scanned a new alt to hide in, since his cover was blown after the first movie.

-Jazz

4. GuyverDarkHero

GuyverDarkHero Active Member

I'm gonna say its a new bot, hopefully a decepticon but coul;dn't say which one. Mainly having read the prequel novel to the 1st film Optimus kill Barricade just after he has killed Bonecrusher, and I'm sure I read somewhere that it was comfirmed that Bonecrusher, Barricade and Blackout won't be back!

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Comics and novels are seperate to the film, the writers of the comics and novels dont know what will happen in the sequel. And that bit of news stated Bonecrusher, Devastator/Brawl, and Blackout wont be back.
    That leaves Barricade up in the air still. Bob Orci said it was possible for him to make a return before filming beagn, three police cars representing Barricade's alt mode on the back of a truck were seen where Ironhide, Ratchet and Prime were spotted close to the start of filming, we see the Audi R8 robot design with lots of Barricade features, Micahel Bay said he loved Barricade, "Barricade's a real fun character, he's just wicked and mean" and I recall him saying he would like to bring him back in a sequel, so lots of signs point to Barricade returning.

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i'm voting for someone new. didn't we see pictures of the barricade vehicle prop being moved around with the others a few months back? like the original prop?

7. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I vote for someone new. Barricade, like all the other Decepticons, had no personality, but he has charm because of his alt mode. Reformatting just kills it IMO.

8. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Quoted for truth!

I don't want to see any TF prostitute themselves and change alt mode just to sell a new car.

Sorry, Bumblebee.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Barricade was awesome as a Saleen 'Stang, and was one of two reasons why I even bought the toy (the other was "ARE YOU LADIESMAN217?!?", one of the funniest lines in the entire movie IMO). Sure, there's been sightings of the R8 with police markings, but I can't remember if they were similar to Barricade's or not. I think it's either a new Decepticon lackey for Barricade since Frenzy decapitated himself, or Prowl gets to face off against everyone's favorite and/or hated evil police car.

EDIT: oh yeah, as for the whole "book/movie compatability" thing about Barricade getting killed by OP, it's contradictory in itself somewhat. In the first few novelizations of the movie, Barry does get killed by OP after Bonecrusher. However, Barricade in the movie dissapears after Sam discovers the 'Cons following the Autobot/Millitary convoy, and is never shown killed*. Then in the "Reign of Starscream" comics, Barry is shown to be heavily damaged, but still funtional.

*In all fairness, whatever the heck Prime does inbetween killing Bonecrusher and driving through that alley to confront Megatron ALSO wasn't shown, so Prime could have killed Barricade in that time.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  10. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Leaked image didn't point that is Barricade, Maybe that is some other new :bay  (Awesome) Decepticon.

11. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

im voting new robot, none of the other bots have chosen new alt modes so why would barricade? the audi alt mode that we saw images of is most likely either fan drawn or a very early concept

one other thing, audi isnt trying to sell the r8 through this movie, the r8 is back ordered for about 2 maybe 3 years now at this point. I'm pretty sure they just wanted to throw it in like they did in ironman, just to show more people the car - not to necesarially have them want to go out and buy it

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd say the chances of the Audi R8 being a Decepticon were pretty good, but my gut feeling just sort of says it would be Decepticon we haven't seen yet instead of Barricade.

If Barricade will be back in the film question is sort of a tough question. We can't really go by things outside of the movie because where do you draw the line. Do you say the novels are okay, the comic books, the toy bio on the back of the cards, like almost anything Transformers there are contradictions across different media. Plus we don't have leaked script or anything like that to know if there was room for Barricade to return or if there are just too many new Autobots and Decepticons to work him back in.

Of course if Barricade wasn't back for the movie I wonder if that wouldn't open up the door to move him over to Transformers Animated so he could good cop bad cop battle with Prowl.

13. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    Barriscade!Duh...

We asw some on set pics of barricades police car altmode in the beguining of filming, then suddenly he dissappears and the audi r8 shows up. Plus the pic of the audi r8 transformer looks like barricade, the claws, feet, somwhat the torso, etc. i would post a pic but lastime i got yelled at by a moderator.

14. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Barricade !!!

15. sondril

sondril Well-Known Member

Now I wish I could have seen the leaked pic...

16. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My vote goes for Barricade. The 'bot mode looks just like him.

17. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

Will someone PM the leaked pic or whatever it was.

18. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PM'd merry christmas =)

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Barricade will return in the second movie. I like for him to be the same car.

20. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

well you can send it to me too... as a thanksgiving present:thumbs2: