Auction advice?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by smokejumper, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokejumper

smokejumper decepticon

his text from my cell for $100 service fees. <---this is strong proof that i'm the victim
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video
    Hosting

refer to post #45 for full in-depth story. disregard post #1.

hey guys, i need your inputs and reactions on this.
    edited to include all specific info:
    we haven't set any deal yet. we always say we will work something out. at this point i'm giving away a free Classics Ultra Magnus(loose mint complete) to someone who help me sell like 10 items on his ebay account. i pay all the ebay fees and i know he makes some money from shipping. do you think it is crazy to give a Magnus or should i just pay for the ebay help and by how much? at first i was willing to pay for his help. we talked, long story short: he sold his Magnus and Skywarp and some other classics so i thought i would help out and give the Magnus, but he wants more(Magnus and Skywarp or Magnus plus 1-2 classics). Magnus on ebay alone goes for around $100.

the 10 items he helps me sell on his ebay account r:
    classics acid storm
    classics galvatron
    classics optimus prime
    classics ultra magnus vs skywarp
    universe hardhead(walmart exclusive)
    rotf bruticus maximus(target exclusive)
    g2 brawl
    g2 fireflight
    g2 swindle
    g2 jolt

i'm not very pleased with the auction outcome, less short of what i expected. i pay all the ebay fees already and the remaining cash is mine. so u think i should give him the Magnus or just pay for ebay help and by how much?
    i just want to hear your thoughts. thank u for all who responds and your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If you already agreed to give this person the UM for their help, the right thing to do would be to give it.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. smokejumper

smokejumper decepticon

i kept my word, but now he wants magnus and a skywarp or magnus plus 1-2 other classics. i think that is way too much. plus i already hook him up with 8 classics(mosc) from my collection for $16 each. u can't get that good of a deal anywhere online+shipping especially with ebay.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

A deal is a deal. Don't burn someone and back out of the deal after he helped you, it wouldn't be right.

5. smokejumper

smokejumper decepticon

i don't. we haven't set a deal yet. we always say we will work it out somehow.

6. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    If the original deal was to give just Ultra Magnus, then you don't have to give anything else if you don't want to.
    If there isn't a solid agreement and you only feel comfortable giving the Ultra Magnus, tell him. He can't force you to give him more than originally asked for.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm bumping this over the Transformers on Ebay since it might find some better advice there. Also changed the thread title so we won't be misleading anybody. ^_^

8. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Agree with this. Other party should uphold the agreement. If he wants new terms then and you believe it's not worth it, you can refuse them. Listing ten items on eBay is time consuming, but it can be done. You pay your listing and auction fees when sold, unless the deal was for him to list and take the hit for thee fees and the Magnus was compensation.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Are you selling them on his account? Cause if he's just helping you and wants the ultra magnus in return, go tell him to pack sand. Its time consuming and kinda sucks, but its not worth a classics magnus. If its his account, then tell him he only gets the magnus or no deal. I'm pretty sure he'll take the magnus. Or you could sell you toys on here to save some money? But I'm confused here, he sells your stuff using his account, he gets paid, pays for all the associated fees and then gives you the remaing cash? Need more info to be more helpful.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    If the agreement was for the Magnus give the Magnus and nothing more, if you wish to offer to sell him Skywarp but don't give it to him.

Also if you I haven't gotten all the cash your supposed to get from the sales of what he sold for you before you give him anything.

11. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I'd say the guy getting the Magnus is making out like a bandit. Sure, the final value fees can add up, but unless you are selling some big bulk items, he's getting the better end of the deal. Like Malach Ra said, we need more info to be of any help to you. What type of items are you hoping to list on eBay?

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't do it, it's not worth a classics ultra magnus, I set up my account last night and had good advice come free. Unless you're selling on his account I wouldn't give him the Magnus let alone Magnus plus some other classics.

13. smokejumper

smokejumper decepticon

ok thanks for all the replies so far, much appreciated. more responds r needed.
    i edited post #1 to include all specific info.

14. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    Do you have paypal? or set up a paypal account if you dont. I would set up an account if you dont already have one. It doesnt take that long to set up a pp or ebay account.

15. smokejumper

smokejumper decepticon

yes i have paypal, but no ebay seller account i do have buyer account. i thought it would be faster if he already have ebay seller account. i needed the money less than a week so i didn't want to waste time on setting an ebay account and get in all the shipping stuff.

16. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    set up an account yourself, if you already have a pp acount, setting up an ebay account is easy.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Any reason you can't have your own ebay seller account ?

If you have to extract funds that will may not be instant you realise. plus you are best listing on a Friday afternoon/ evening for 10 days so you get two weekends included.

It's not that hard if you can't think of what to say copy someone elses listing by using "sell similar" and then modify it accordingly - you can even link to online gallery of pictures so you don't have to pay to put extra images in the listing.

Or look up things like the character bios and official descriptions of similar info to decorate you auctions. If you are feeling adventurous you could even use a template and personal banner for your listings.

Oh and one tip don't post toys in jiffy bags people despise that.

You can keep it simple like this :
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Transformers-...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3f07b5b131

Or add more info if you want like this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEST-Transfor...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3f07b4fffc

Not that I think mine are perfect - I always manage to miss some spelling mistakes. but it's better than people who don't even mention what they are selling and just have the picture.

Or the dipsticks who have online stores who claim they can't do simple things like ship ebay auction items along with shop bought orders. Or they can't combine shipping as their computer wont let them - 'Patagh'.

Anyway it's not that hard if you know your way around a computer you can figure it out easily enough... and there's probably some step by step guides about the e-bay site too.

Just make sure you remember to say what is included and if anything is missing or broken don't mis-describe things and pack them well.
    and you'll be fine. also include lots of info in the item specifics and state again at the end of your auction what you are selling in clear terms as the search engines like that.

18. smokejumper

smokejumper decepticon

i thought it would be faster if he already have ebay seller account and didn't want to waste time on setting an ebay account and get in all the shipping stuff. thank u for the tips.

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well guess this just reenforces that old adage "want something done right, do it yourself"

if you do not have all your $$$ from the guy and he is threatening not to give it to you until you work out "new terms" for your deal...your probably SOL or in a pickle.

if you have all your $$$...i would give him the ultra magnus like you agreed...and tell him to get fucked if he whines about wanting more...

20. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's really not hard to sell your own items on ebay. If he is holding your money until he gets his part of the deal, you might be in for some pain. He shouldn't be able to change up the deal either though just cause he "can". If he has given you your money, I say send him the Ultra Magnus and keep your word. It doesn't sound like he did anything out of the ordinary that would account for bumping up his part of the deal. Just wondering but did he tell you what the fees were for ebay or just give you a dollar amount?

*Edit* - I found who sold your items (see Ebay's not that hard). I can tell you what might have hurt your sales. He started them all at $0.01 and it was only for a 3 day auction (not enough exposure time). He doesn't have a ton of feedback either (which sometimes people shy away from). Should have made them to end later in the evening and either on a Friday or Saturday. Ebay even has the special going right now where you can list any item at any starting price (so you could have started them at your asking price) and if they didn't sell you wouldn't be out any money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.