ATTN: Purists and Naysayers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Poho, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I have been perusing over all sorts of threads in this branch of the forum for the last week, and most of what I have seen is a whole bunch of complaints about how the movie bots are going to look, particularly the toy versions. People are whining about how "they don't look like transformers" and how "they're hideous". I'm going to have to say, I disagree with you. I think that every picture I've seen of all of the TFs from the movie looks really frigging sweet. You're right, they don't look like the boxy, cartoony, child-appealing transformers we all know and love, but seriously folks. This is a real live movie (well, real CGI lol). They want this to be believable and scary. I mean, come on, there's an invasion of our planet by a bunch of giant alien robots. They're obviously not going to piece together some single-jointed rectangular prisms together and put them on a screen. Take a look at G1 Starscream. Don't get me wrong, he looks wicked, but if you tried to put him as he is in a live-action movie where he's supposed to be a terrifying machine from another planet...I think we'd be taking him a little less seriously. People need to make the separation from the kid's show and this new action movie. Same concept, but a different thing. So, for the love of God, stop hating these awesome looking new Transformers because they don't look like the the cartoons we grew up with. "Oh, but Megatron is so ugly! He doesn't look anything like G1 Megs". You're darn right he doesn't! And he shouldn't! He looks like a huge scary alien that's going to eat your soul, which is what he is in this movie. "Bumblebee should be a little car like a mini, not a stupid Camaro". Yeah, that'd be pretty cool...come on people, what's cooler, a Camaro or a Beetle? OH NO, HE WAS A BEETLE IN THE CARTOON! This isn't the cartoon. It's an action movie. Alright, enough of me bantering. But seriously, I REALLY like the new designs, I like how they're taking it in a refreshing new direction, and really making them look like they're from another planet. For those of you who think they're ugly: you want to see some ugly transformers? Watch the current cartoons. What the heck kind of vehicles are those? They look ridiculous! How could you complain about something so awesome when the toy-shelves are riddled with this ******ed "cars" and "planes" that look like they were drawn by a 4 year old. And the latest Starscream...is he even a jet? What is that thing? And that people, is my two cents. Argue away.

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not news.

Not rumors.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :stickies 

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    In before moving day

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow, this is the best news I've ever read. This should be front paged and credited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.