Attention Power Rangers fans : best zords??

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by megatroptimus, Jan 3, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I know nothing about Power Rangers but I would be interested in getting their best "zords" (combiners?) not including the ones from Operation Overdrive (I'll get them all). Any suggestions and why?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Well it depends on tastes. If you like gimmicks the Wild Force figures have a ton of interchangeable parts for a lot of combinations, though you have to go import to get some of them I believe. Ninja Storm Megazord could do a lot, too, especially with all the others from the line.

If the priority is the big mech mode, Time Force Megazord was a solid figure and featured two combined modes which was nice. And if you're more Transformers fan than Sentai fan, Astro and Delta Megazords were good. (My Astro Megazord got broken by an idiot tenant of ours...)

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you don't have the Magiking/Titan Megazord, hunt one down pronto. Amazing design on that one, and a very fun and sturdy toy. He's also a lot more interesting a figure than most of the more recent ones, with a unique transformation scheme, rather than the traditional "plug arms and legs onto core torso" deal.

People'd also probably recommend Wolkaiser, but with no North American counterpart, and the series being long over in Japan, it'll be tougher to track him down short of Japanese auction sites. Very cool interaction with Magiking.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

If you sniff around eBay, there're a few fair deals to be had on Wolkaiser.

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    nothing beats the original one IMO

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, totally agree with you...it depends on your taste...for me, I'm interested in the animal based mecha like WildForce/Gao Rangers and DinoThinder/Abarangers...but I must admit the Japanese version of OverDrive is tempting me...

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    If you're planning on getting all of the Overdrive zords, you should go for the Ultimate Daibouken giftset. It features almost every single zord from that line in a fantastic colorscheme (best black and gold figures I have ever seen), which even manages to increase the looks of the more crappy Zords (like the jet zord). Besides, I haven't heard any good things about the Overdrive zords (something about being simplified to the point of heavy mold changes).

8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Right. The Overdrive zords have had several changes from the Japanese counterpart. The end result is a hideous, weak hunk of plastic that isn't fun in any way. Get Ultimate Daibouken as soon as possible; the news about the American release has set prices wild.

I recommend the AbaRanger/ DinoThunder Zords. THey're among my favorite. I'll second the recommendation for Titan Megazord as well.

9. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I already stated in my initial post that I was going to get them all... japanese versions, that is. :) 

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Ah, thought that you were going to buy the Overdrive zords only, my mistake.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I like this one

[​IMG]

because of
    [​IMG]

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I like the original Dinozords, Titanus and Dragonzord best personally. But the Thunderzords are pretty sweet too, especially combined with the Tigerzord.

13. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I should have said japanese Overdrive. :) 

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Magiking is on my "want" list, and I'm not really into collecting these things!

15. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

The Original Megazord is pretty cool, especially if you watched the show when you were younger. The Thunder Megazord like someone else said is really awesome too. It's huge and just fun. I'll also add to the people recommending the Titan Megazord. That is one of the coolest robot toys ever. 4 of the zords combine to form a dragon that the 5th zord rides. Really really cool.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah...that's one cool looking Zord so cool that I'm actually looking high and low in my local auctions for him.

17. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Thanks for your advice... although I only saw it AFTER my purchase. :p  I went to TRU tonight and spotted the Titan Megazord. Took me half an hour to decide but I finally bought it. And it's awesome! The dragon mode is huuuuuge and the combined robot is very cool. I love it! There was another combiner (a set of trains), I'm tempted too...

18. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the last month, I've picked up the Power Rangers fever, enough to track down MISB versions of the older zords. Similar to the Takara/Hasbro situation with most Transformers, the Japanese versions are more often superior in paint (more paint apps) and diecast content (Bandai America has a tradition of removing the diecast, though Wild Force was an exception).

My favourites from the line (with some in Japanese names because I do not know the American one) include:

Black & Gold Megazord
    Thunder Megazord
    Tigerzord w/ Thunder Assault Team
    Shogun Megazord w/ Falconzord
    Zeo Megazord w/ Red Battlezord
    Black & Teal Gourai Senpujin
    Senpujin, Gouraijin, & Tenraijin
    Animus Megazord / Gao God
    MagiKing / Titan Megazord
    Saint Kaiser / Steedergon Fury Megazord

If you do not mind a double, track the MagiKing Complete Edition down. It is, by far, the best version of MagiKing available.

Be advised, though, that if you do decide to track them down, remember to save up. Power Rangers robots have the unique distinction of not being reissued; once the figure is on the shelves, it's off to the secondary market for zords from past lines. There have been a few exceptions, but you'll be looking at upwards of $80 and more, depending on your preference for condition.

The line is worth it. The combining aspect is something I've always enjoyed, and recent Megazords are much better looking bricks than in the past.

19. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I suggest getting the Hurricanger/Ninja Storm Megazords, they are my favorites, here's a pic:

[​IMG]

and the Revolver Mammoth, but this one is expensive when you do find it:

[​IMG]

20. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I would HIGHLY recomend going w/ Bandai Japan's Sentai version of the toys instead of BOA's versions.
    In the early days, it didn't matter too much as they weren't changed all that much, except for stickers. But now the zords are missing paint aps up the wa-zoo and in a lot of cases missing diecast and also slight mold changes.

There have been a few exceptions to the rule though. The original Black & Gold edition of the MMPR Megazord is EXACTLY like the BOJ version, right down to the stickers. The TimeForce Megazords are also pretty much spot on, as well as the WildForce Megazords.

My collection of Megazords & Sentai mech can be found here...
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=943483&postcount=23
    and here...
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=943484&postcount=24