Attention K-Mart shoppers...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thundershot, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I don't work for K-Mart, but I've worked at Sears for 18 years now, and the companies are merged, so here we go. I've seen so much hatred for kmart.com and how people never get what they order, or have the order canceled. I've had the same problem. I ordered Mindwipe and got Ironhide. Tried again and got Ratchet. Tried a last time and got Animated Prime vs. Megatron. Then I ordered Mindwipe on ebay.

Yesterday from work, I did another test. I ordered Darkmount (which says "in stock") with my employee discount and free shipping. I want to see what I get, and report it up the ladder (I have some connections after all these years). What I might need from the fans/customers here are order numbers and what exactly happened to your order. NOT YET. But if it comes to it, I might need the burden of proof that it happens to most people that order Transformers from kmart.com or sears.com. My orders may not be enough.

Hopefully this can turn into something good... worst case scenario, nothing changes, but at least I'm going to try. :D 

Chris

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good study, i hope it works out for ya, i know alot of people will be pleased with the results, be them good or bad.

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

It'd be nice to see some improvement. I mean, people want those figures, so if they can get them... great.

Was this more of an experiment to see how good or bad it would be? I mean, I'd think you'd have a Wal-Mart or Target nearby. I could still get Mindwipe at retail pretty easily if I didn't already have him.

4. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:

With Mindwipe, I really did want him. With Straxus, I do want him, but I know I won't get him, so I want to share my findings with the company, and explain that collectors all over the country are getting the wrong toys. I'll gladly get a Straxus elsewhere when he's actually available at the stores.

Oh, and I never saw Mindwipe at retail around here... So I just got him on ebay from someone that had a $25 buyitnow plus shipping...

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    You might want to add that this doesn't happen with their exclusives, though, so it's likely some SKU thing.

6. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have an order number if you need it. Ordered the 4 generations and sent them back because they were wrong.

7. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, guys. I'm not sending anything up until my package arrives.

8. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I don't have a copy of my order number from the first and last time I ordered from kmart.com. You can let the sears execs know that I'll never order from them again.

9. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which one of the six order numbers would you like. Or which six cancellations would you like? Or which email would you like about them going to correct it?

10. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any info you have, put aside in case I need ammo. :D 

Thanks!
    Chris

11. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well first off how are the toys inventoried? By sku (most stores) or by pricepoint (grocery stores etc)?

12. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i've never ordered from k-mart before but i'm kinda shocked at all the screw-ups with these orders. what the hell is going on there anyway? is it a warehouse full of mentally retarded people "filling" these orders?

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The only time I found Mindwipe locally was actually Kmart! For $25. And after shockwave2005's package containing an $18 shipped Mindwipe was in the car waiting for me. :lol 

Good luck on your current experiment! Or is it bad luck? Whatever.

It's so much better than that. Also, you're not giving the mentally retarded enough credit.

Order fulfillment is based on the Kmart stores themselves! Someone goes to a Kmart with x number of orders and fulfills them with what's available. In the case of toys like TFs, they'll go to the shelf and look for the listed figure. If they can't find it, they substitute it with something of equal value. I think maybe four people got HA Mudflap when it was listed, while everyone else got an older one.

14. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Eastwood wants to know do you feel lucky
    Just kidding, good luck. But why Darkmount instead of Megs or Soundwave
    BTW just to echo on Mindwipe, found mine at KMart near me for $15 in March I think.

15. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darkmount was partially random, and partially because if I DO actually get him, he's only in one known assortment so far, so could be a little harder to find.

16. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow you should get tons ammo from these Boards, I've personally never ordered anything from Kmart(I don't like playing with fire) but so many people on here have gotten screwed over on shipping charges

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, they canceled my order.... They said they were out of stock. Yet the website still says "in stock".

I start vacation Saturday, so when I get back I'll take this up higher just to make the company aware of what's going on at a more corporate level. Just for shits and giggles, I decided to use the "chat help" link, and here's the conversation I had... Maybe someone will get a chuckle.

--------------------

You are now chatting with 'Steve F'. How may I help you?

you: I just had an order canceled saying they couldn't find one in stock, and yet the website still says "in stock and ready to ship". Order #159894846

Steve F: Good Afternoon I'm glad you contacted Sears for assistance with that order. May I please have your name?

you: Chris

Steve F: I have double checked my resources and that item is showing as out of stock in your area.

you: Last time I ordered something it shipped from a store in New York, so that shouldn't really affect it.

you: A transformer figure.

you: I just put my zip code into check shipping and it says right away for my zip code.

Steve F: I can see how this situation would be frustrating for you. It would not be available for shipping to your area.

you: That doesn't make any sense. I live in the continental US...

you: Where would it be available to ship? Peru? Seriously, if it's not available to ship, then you need to remove these items from being in stock on the website. It's telling me right now that I can have it delivered to zip 44484 on sears.com. So how is a customer supposed to know it's not available if the web site says it is?

Steve F: The order was created, they checked the regional warehouse. There are none available and the order was cancelled.

you: Your system seriously needs to be updated so that things like this don't happen.

Steve F: I apologize for the trouble this matter has caused you. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you: Nope. I just wanted to vent.

---------------

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    nice big EPIC FAIL for sears and kmart.
    that sucks that they cannot get their shit in order

19. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Steve F took the short bus to work.

20. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Probably not. I work in a customer service center as well and chat agents are typically held to a script that they tend to copy and paste. They're not responsible for the website content or getting it changed. All that they can do is look up the order to see why it was cancelled. They can, of course, forward the complaint to the department that's responsible for the web content, but that would be the extent of their abilities unfortunately...