Attacktix Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bennydeckersac, Aug 28, 2006.

1. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure this has been answered already, but I cannot find the answer: What is the deal with the silver/chrome based Attacktix figures? I just got a Ransack and an Excellion w/ the s/c bases. Are the worth more? Does anybody want these?
    Thanks,
    Benny D.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    They are the 'chase' versions of those figures.

3. webhead817

webhead817 Bot Shots Game Developer

Exactly...think of them as being like a foil chase set in cards.

Not to be confused with the gold based figs...which have different powers, or the all silver tournament prizes which have different stats.

4. wingblade

wingblade Member

I've been debating about getting into Attacktix. Are the molds themselves any good (not gameplay-wise, just from a collecting standpoint), or is getting them just worth it for the game itself?

5. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought, "These look dumb... I'll just buy one booster pack to confirm that I don't want these." They were kinda neat, so I bought another... and another, and then I agreed that once I got a double I would stop. At this point I have a bag of at least ten doubles. That point had passed, and I couldn't give up. I just went on eBay to get the few remaining ones I needed. I figured that paying a bit more for the individual figures I needed would be better than buying more booster packs and getting discouraged. And I do not play the game, nor even know how. I think the molds are pretty good, especially compared to the Titanium figures. They even have limited articulation and pretty good paint jobs. So, moral of the story, if you buy one then you will likely get hooked. Well, at least that happened to me...

6. wingblade

wingblade Member

Yeah, you were right about getting hooked. I bought a couple of booster packs and ended up getting 5 more over the next two days. The molds are better than what I've seen of Titanium so far, and I'll look into picking up the whole set eventually. I've had better luck with not getting doubles than I would have thought - only 4 doubles out of 14 figures so far (Excellion, 2 Battle Ravages, and Megatron jet).

I had thought Omnicon would be the first rare/common one I'd end up with, but ironically he's the only rare/common one I'm lacking so far.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Getting the chromed ones, the odds are about 1 in 5 i believe.