Attacked from the Sea?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ibrahim70, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Ibrahim70

Ibrahim70 Well-Known Member

I want you all to look at this still from the new trailer....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G96gxvrHqrE/TU9kcxKV4MI/AAAAAAAAKfw/eCXSqwisjqE/s1600/TF3SuperbowlScreenshot4.jpg

........and then tell me, is it me or does the 'craft' in the top left look like a fish, the other craft have tentacles and tails, and also in the background we can see dozens of these ships coming in to attack Chicago.

Could they of come from the Sea do we think?

Is there any reference in Transformers history to bots from the Sea?

2. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

They DO look sort of "fishy" (lol). If the city is actually meant to be Chicago in the movie, Lake Michigan would be the only nearby large body of water...hard to imagine they could have gone in to the water in the first place without being seen.

But I doubt the city is actually meant to represent its real world self so there might be some real validity to your point. We'll just have to wait and see.

3. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

i think the crafts were inspired by Energon Sharkticon, and they probably follow the Star wars approach of Space = Ocean, but other then that there is no reason to believe that Cons attack from the ocean

4. Gretnablue

Gretnablue Well-Known Member

They look a lot like the phantoms from the halo series to me though I can see the fish style too.

5. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Well.. they did the whole underwater scene in ROTF..

And there's the concept art for that thing that attacks the air craft carrier..

So, it's possible.

It'd be too similar to another summer alien invasion film this summer though.

6. longhaulsub

longhaulsub Overseer of the Skuke

How about the possibility that they are Dwellers?