Attachment pics not loading

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Keith Prime, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I was randomly checking a few threads (fan art & Radicon) w/ attached pics, & the pics, from different users, aren't loading properly. I noticed there was an Upgrade, I think this morning, & in case those upgrades are for the upcoming Botcon Traffic & have anything to do w/ this, I thought it best to report it.

I can see the small attached pic, but clicking on it only loads a small portion of the pic. I'll check a few on the front page & report how widespread it seems to be momentarily.

It normally only takes a couple secs to load even large images for me.

*edit* The pics on the Front Page articles don't seem to be affected. It may just be user attachments. I'll look for a couple I have attached somewhere & see if those are affected too.

*edit 2* My attachments aren't affected. I'll get the thread info for you.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/581110-foc-dino-greatness.html (only has one image, which posts indicate was visible at one time)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/581600-classics-omega-supreme-v2-1-done.html (only the first pic isn't showing up for me):

[​IMG]

It is possible that these images may just be damaged, but the Fan Art one had comments on how it looked, so I doubt that's the case, at least for it.

*edit 3* Also, the embedded pic above takes an unusually long time (about 10 secs, rather than the usual near instantaneous I normally get) to load.

*edit 4 @ 11:50 pm* Randomly clicking back in this thread, before signing out, the Omega Supreme Custom pic fully loaded at normal speed. I have no idea what changed. The FoC Dinobots Fan Art image still won't.

*edit 5* Having logged back in before doing something else, the OS pic isn't loading again.

2. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    All of the images in question here are gigantic, and the system is not designed to handle the processing of them.

I've capped upload sizes to 1920 pixels dimensions, and 1MB file size. This should keep ones that actually do get uploaded in the future to a size the system can process.

3. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Images in Omega Supreme thread resized and reuploaded. Please check those and see if they work for you without issue.

4. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    The pics that remain in the thread do load fine. But I don't think the one that was malfunctioning is among them.