Customs: Attaching a camper shell to an Alternator Prime body

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thebigdb, Aug 19, 2012.

1. thebigdb

thebigdb Well-Known Member

I have another question for your guys… have any of you attempted or managed to attach a camper shell to an Alternator Prime body? I’m not going to say who I am working on, but I’ve been playing with the design. I just loosely have it on the body right now… & will most likely redo the top of the shell to make it look more modern… but even as is… it doesn’t look that bad. Besides being a shell… I was thinking of making it a backpack in robot mode. Have any ideas as to how I might go at this?

2. thebigdb

I was going to post some images, but my camera’s battery died. I’ll do that later after it charges up. But I just wanted to stir the pot & see if I would get any suggestions.

3. thebigdb

Well… my camera finally charged up, & was able to take a few quick snapshots. I will most likely update the style of the shell, & put in some windows on the side… but any tips/suggestions as to how I might be able attach this to the Alternator Prime body as a backpack?

Attached Files:

4. thebigdb

I was going to send this but it wouldn’t let me attach it as an attachment. So this is a scan of the face that I am planning on using on my Trailbreaker. I am sorry about the poor quality, but I couldn’t get it with my camera. I guess that it was too dark because I kept getting this blur when I took a picture of him. What do you think?

Attached Files:

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    depends on how in depth you want to go with the build.

you can just have it attach to his back via magnets, or make some sort of "clip system" for it once in bot mode, or, you could go all out and build, or scavenge from a donor, a joint system that would allow you to make it part of the transformation.

My first Plowking custom had the top of the Jeep become the backpack in bot mode. I did this thru "partsforming"....meaning, the top of the Jeep came off during transformation, and then I placed it back on in bot mode.

For the second version of Plowking, I used the roof joints from Alt Jazz to do the same, except for now, it's part of the transformation sequence....it does not come off to become the backpack. It lifts up, twists around, and then goes down against the back.

6. thebigdb

Hi! Thanks for the post! Well would you mind if I asked if I could look at your Plowking? I want to go with the 2nd approach, but would you mind if I look at what you did before I do what I am going to do. I am also going to do a leg lengthening & redo the shins. Derrick

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits: