Atrocious Kiss-play ads

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Matrix Soul, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it's the first thing that stuck out to me and it looked like PEDO :drunk  though admittedly it makes zero sense.
    season 3 of what? what is EDC?

2. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Because he's tied her up so that he can go off fishing? I'd lay reasonable odds that the storyline will turn out to be something like that. It's frankly more than a bit unlikely that Takara's going to endorse a rape fantasy comic, whatever people say about the sky falling...

3. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    I mean in the advertisement.

The brushing teeth, combing hair girl is crying.

4. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

hehe, yeah at least you get a real transformer to go along with your little girl...

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Season 3 of G1.
    the series/season Melissa Fairborne is from.
    Earth Defense C... um, something that starts with a C.

I'm guessing she's crying because she's running late. you see it a lot in anime. the only way it could be a bigger anime stereotype was if she had a piece of toast hanging out her mouth too.

6. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

The one that's in a hurry to get ready and go out?

Or maybe I'm just not very good at reading into things and jumping to conclusions...

Perhaps we should ask someone who actually, I dunno, can read Japanese? Presumably that text on the advert says something about the story...

7. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Yeah, those damn Japanese are ruining the entire TF legacy. We should boycott Takara and sign some petitions to get another US made series, this Kiss-Play stuff is stupid and disgusting.

I'm still willing to buy any unwanted Kiss-Play girls when they're released.

8. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Big respect to PopCulturePooka - who's actually lived in Japan and thus knows what he's talking about.

You cannot deny that the image is sexualised. You cannot deny that they are drawn to resemble youngish teens.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yawn.

The "look-at-me-I-am-so-totally-against-this~!" outrage over super deformed girls is getting old.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Because defending the sanctity of Transformers as a toyline from the scourge of japanese fringe nerd sexual content is a bad thing? Gimme s break

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It's a bloody collector's line in Japan. Let the Japanese yell and scream about it(which it sounds like they are). The first two threads about the evils of Kiss Players were enough. We don't need a new one every week.

12. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

I agree. The picture really isn't anything to get worked up over or even terribly sexual, but then I'd probably feel different if it had given me an erection.

Hmm, maybe that's the key to the outrage.

13. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Actually, maybe some of us are speaking about DECENCY!

Age or not, there are some things such as that picture that aren't decent and inappropriate for young viewers. I can't believe that some people here aren't overly offended or object to this. Amazing.

The age is ambiguous at best, and the girl has an "appearance" of a pre-pubescent girl. Under 13. A minor. A damn child.

Disgusting, especially when in relation to Transformers.

14. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

Darn, I guess I'm just not easily offended. Or maybe I'm not completely ignorant. Whichever it is, this ad doesn't bother me in the least. Well, save for the ridiculous amount of animosity against it (and the line in general). Now that's just getting annoying.

15. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

What is so indecent about it? Please explain.

16. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    Hehe read like a book.

17. j3

Shame on me. Shame on me for not being offended by a drawing of a young looking 20-something year old fretting over getting ready for her day. I am such a horrible person. And shame on me for being tired of seeing a new thread every other day about how this line is killing Transformers. Transformers is dead right now, this is just a filler until the next.

18. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I think the reason why many Trans Fans are upset by this image because well, for the past 20 or so years, TF never needed this type of advertising to sell TFs, In America fans buy TFs just because the bots are cool, so why use something that's obviously tongue-in-cheek to sell what already sells?

19. j3

As this has already been covered in every single other one of these threads: If it already sells, then why wouldn't they want to try to increase the sales? If they can bring in even a tiny fraction of the figuirine market as well, that's just more numbers for them. And it's only on a filler line, it's not like they're marketing this as the next big main show and everything. It's not like next year Hasbro is going to take KISS-Play and release it as "Transformers: Smoochers" or anything like that. It's just a way to increase sales on this one filler line beyond the already "bots are cool" numbers. If you like the bot, buy it for that. If you like the figures too, buy it for that. That's all it is.

Calling for a boycott and all this other nonsense by the "fans" has just been silly though.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I think we need to shut this thread down before it gets way outta hand... It's just too easy to have this thing implode...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.