atm fraud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDoom, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DrDoom

DrDoom Banned

So I was trying to pay my phone bill online but somehow my atm card was not letting me through even though Ive done it a hundred times. I had to call the phone company and pay over the phone. After that, I checked my online banking and everything seemed fine, but I called customer service anyway. Turns out my card was locked out due to a speculation on fraud purchases...turns out those purchases were made by me at BBTS :lol  I had pile of loot on and have been making small purchases so I guess my bank got a red flag or something. Anyway, everythings fine now...

I also noticed that lately, the payments I made at BBTS were pending instead of going through instantly like usual.

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Interesting, but cool your bank better checks first if everything is ok. Don't know if every other bank would do that.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

When my Dad goes traveling from coast to coast, he would purchase a computer in California, then something else in Florida. His CC company calls and makes sure it's actually him doing it, and not somebody else.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like Reed Richards' fault to me...

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lol  Why blame him, when you can blame everything on Pym!?

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    This happened to me on my way home from BotCon. I bought a bunch of stuff from FP and my bank saw me making small purchases (gas) as I drove from Fla to Cali and shut my card off in the middle of Texas. I was freaking the fuck out...Texas is the last place I want to be stranded with no money! They shut it off for my protection and it was cleared up til the next morning as I stayed the night in a New Mexico Motel 6 and they shut it off again! Another phone call and I told them what I did and my itinerary. It was all good from that point on.

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I had an atm fraud issue on the way to botcon this year, I took out money from a CIBC bank machine and never bothered to count it and then went to the currancey exchange place to get american money and then I noticed I was shorted a few hundred $, I walked back to the machine and found out 4 or 5 others just had the same thing happen to them. I always count my money now :p 

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last year I was using my ATM Visa card to order the MP Skywarp online from Walmart.

Once I clicked on place order, it would'nt work. I was confused and so I called my bank to find out why my card would'nt work. They wanted to make sure if that was me making that transaction. So I told them it was me making that order.

After that, it worked and the transaction went through.

9. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

This may be an annoying service with your bank, but it's so worth it. About two years ago, someone got ahold of my bank card info and was buying all sorts of little shit online - stamps, vitamins, blockbuster, etc. My bank caught it and deactivated my card before any serious damage was done.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice of the bank to let you know they're on their toes.

Mine did it for awhile at first but it was a little embarrassing really.
    The woman would read off every purchase which were mostly toys, and asked if I made that purchase. My man voice would get weaker & weaker everytime I replied Yes.
    Just wanted to say "great job" and hang up already.

11. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. It may be an inconvenience, but it's a hell of a lot better than someone bleeding cash from your account.