Atlanta SuperCon Welcomes Gregg Berger

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voiceroy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Source: ToonZone.net.

Other TF-related guests of note at this con include:

• Voice actor/musician Samantha Newark, voice of the title character from JEM! and The Holograms. Newark also provided a couple supporting roles in the G1 TF series: Ariel, the precursor to Elita One in War Dawn, and Elise Presser from the notorious B.O.T.
    • Comic book artist Herb Trimpe, who worked on both of Marvel's G.I. Joe and Transformers comics in the 80's, drew several of the TF comic covers, and was the primary artist on Marvel's Joe/TF crossover series.
    A number of other noted professionals in animation will also be in attendance at the convention, including Larry Kenney (Lion-O in Thundercats), as well as members of the cast and crew for some [adult swim] shows. For more details, visit AtlantaSuperCon.com.

2. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Cool. Gregg came across as a pretty nice guy at TFCon. Entertaining too.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Very. I've met him on a few occasions, and he's also a member of the voice actor discussion group I host.

Some TF fans, especially those who were on usenet around 2000 will recall that some IMDb idiot got it listed on Gregg's credits there that he had died from injuries sustained after falling down stairs in his home. But the date the the troll listed as his death was two weeks BEFORE I had seen him in person at the San Diego Comic-Con, which led me to write this rebuttal.

But Gregg thought it was really funny, and he autographed my copy of the Marvel G1 TF comic #8 (Dinobots cover) with: ME GRIMLOCK NOT DEAD!.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Bumpity-bump.

Any chance this might get a mention on the Convention News page?

Just doing my part to help get the word out to fellow TF fans in and around the Atlanta area. And I also have a couple friends who are coming from out of state for this event.

I'm also planning to host a TFW group thing sometime that weekend, like dinner and maybe a parts party sale/swap. And afterwards we win at drinking, naturally.

I'll also see if I can get in touch with Gregg and see if he might be up for joining us for dinner, which would be really cool. I've had other voice actors accept the invitation for the semi-annual dinner I host for "The Voice Actor Appreciation Society" at the San Diego Comic-Con, which RiD VA Wally Wingert once joined us for.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hopefully a few more people attend this dinner than at Dragoncon.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was a total bust except for you and me, but our dinner time also conflicted with the massive cosplay masquerade thing. It probably caused a huge dilemma for other TFW members who were there ("Should I go see cute chicks in revealing costumes or go hang out with TF fanboys... Hmm, I wonder...")

I think we have a better chance of it being better-attended this time, especially with three TF-related guests in attendance.

I'm going now to start a thread for this in the Con forum, as well as a post in the GA Sightings thread.