Atlanta / Georgia TFW Members @ Botcon 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Voiceroy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    This thread is to help members from the GA Sightings thread connect for carpooling and/or sharing hotel room expense for Botcon 2010, and for scheduling a meet-up time for GA members during the con as well.

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I don't think I'll be there the 24th, but the other days I should be.

3. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I might try and make it down. Being this close and not going I would hate myself if it doesn't come back anytime soon.

Got room for 2-3 ppl in my 4Runner pretty easily. So I can drive no issue. Don't mind rooming for 2-4 ppl, as long as I get a bed most of the time heh. I have a resv right now for a Premium Studio at the Dolphin. If going to be in a room with a bunch of other guys I need some space lol. I can always drop the resv if get a group together and want to do something else or I can probably drag some non-tf friends down with me.

Otherwise see you guys in June!

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I'm going to be loading my car down w/ stuff hopefully to trade @ Botcon, but I'll try to leave room enough for at least one to car-pool w/me.

@OldDirtyBot: Have you decided if you're going yet? We could at least drive as a convoy together (pun intended) if we both have other passengers. Otherwise, if no one else asks you for a ride, you're welcome to ride w/ me. I could use a little help on gas. I'll leave ample room for you and whatever else you'd be bringing...within reason.

5. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am planning to go - first (and probably last!) Botcon ever for me. I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere at the convention or for a meal or something. I plan to ride ride and stay on my own, though.

6. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Definetly going! My wife and I have left over Disney passes so we are going to hit the parks, I totally used this event as an excuse to use them up, lol. We were going to stay on site,but the Hyatt downtown is looking better right now price wise.

7. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Yeah so far still looks like I'll be going. There is a good chance I'll have a passenger and I plan to come back with quite a bit of stuff since I'll likely pass on the botcon set (G2 not my thing) and go nuts in the dealer room so will need all the space I can get.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reminder. Due to a glitch in Disney's system, they still think I'm an employee of the Disney store and I still get annual park employee passes for free. I'll probably take advantage of that one day while I'm there.

@ODB: Glad to hear you're going. I'll PM you later so you have my contact info.

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Arg I wanna go. Who wants to drive through Winder and smuggle me in like 100 pounds of pure Columbian?

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'll probably go, but not all the days. I may just dive down there one day. I haven't decided yet.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Helloooo? I LIVE in Winder! Send me a PM!

12. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Oh awesome lol.

It wouldn't matter even if someone smuggled me down there, my work has been so hit or miss since September that I doubt I'd be able to afford to go.

13. Aspen

Aspen Banned

Botcon 2010

Do you have any more info on it? Has it come and gone? I am in North Ga, and would like to go.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Still upcoming -- June 24-27, 2010 -- The Transformers Collectors' Convention - BotCon 2010!

It's really starting to bother me that the con is now less than two months away and they still haven't announced any special guests. WTF are they waiting for? Most cons use their special guests to draw attendees and media attention long in advance. Seriously, :wtf: 

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Forgot to add that I will be needing a roommate after all. Originally I was going to stay with my brother (member jon3pn0), but somehow he's managed to convince his wife this would be a great anniversary trip for them.

My wife has no interest at all in going.

I do have friends who live in the Orlando area whom I could stay with for free, but it'd be a bit of a drive to the con. And I'd prefer to stay close to the venue. If someone's already got a room booked and wants to save some money, please PM me. Maybe we could get 2-3 of us and save even more. I'll bring an air mattress if I have to.

16. Aspen

Aspen Banned

It's says Fla. Not Ga. Is it in Ga, or Fla.? I'd really like to go if it's in Ga. Atlanta is only an hour away from me.

17. Aspen

Aspen Banned

It's in Fla. Oh well. Anyone take some of my $ and buy the exclusives for me? :(  Damn it.

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It was always in Fla for 2010. This thread is for those in GA (esp. the Atlanta area) who are planning to attend the con. Sorry if you were confused by the thread title.

19. Aspen

Aspen Banned

It's ok. It was my bad. I just got pretty excited for a minute there.

20. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Come on Botcon, I know they are "busy working on Joecon" but come on, this is my first convention and i'm getting pissed with the lack of care they are showing. Events and guests should be up already for pete's sake! Do you guys think anyone from the live action movies will come? Looks like Tyrese at least attented one of the cons.