ATB Megatron prototype on ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cobra zartan, Sep 14, 2007.

1. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
  2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah the duplicate is gone and the one remaining is in the proper forum.

When I say this thread the first thing i though was Fuck Not Here Too!!!

3. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    LOL Sorry Shin, I was just beating him to the punch.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He's got the unreleased G2 Go-Bots there too...

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised nobody's offered a conversion sticker set for BWII Starscrem and BB. They are nearly identical !

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I think reprolabels made one

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm fairly sure the only major difference is in the spelling of Starscream on the labels.

Incidentally, I don't believe the set he's offering *is* in fact complete. I'm sure that pair of figures is supposed to have 14 missiles, not 12. 6 in the rotating cannon, 6 on the wings as bombs, and 2 in Starscream's missile launchers should be possible at the same time.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ah yes, the Toy Vault...I am not surprised. At all.
    ^This is true. They do get a bunch of stuff in from collections. They recently got a collection that had every American and Japanese transformer from 1984-2006.

They do tend to overprice their stuff, and the money they give you for selling them an item....is not worth it to sell them the said item. You're better off eBaying it. Plus, they sell the said item back at an even higher price. However, they do tend to have gems every now and then which are worth buying despite their high price.

They and about 3 or 4 other big collectible stores rule the states of Rhode Island and Massachusetts with an iron fist (some worse than others), and make it very difficult (if not near-impossible) for the casual transformers collector (like all of us here) to come across old Transformers someone has lying around for sale.

If you manage to find that old transformer for sale, and buy it, and some of those places (not Toy Vault) find out about it, they'll freak out and give you such a wrath of shit, that you would never even consider stepping into their stores. And by wrath of shit I mean "I'm gonna smash your face in" wrath of shit. No kidding. I've seen it happen. It's especially bad when 2 or 3 big time collectible dealers themselves clash over a collection for sale...oh man that is NOT a pretty sight.

But seriously, some of these people (not all of them though. And not the fellas from Toy Vault. They are good people.) are just bat-shit insane and only wear a mask of normalcy to hide their cruel nature and invite you into their store. I, and other people I know, have learned this lesson. This is why, from now on, I only buy from eBay sellers I can trust (according to their feedback), good online retailers (according to their good reputation), or the occasional Botcon dealer who is willing to make a deal in order to make-that-sale on or near dealer-room closing times.

Collectible shops around here have their ups and downs, but for me, Toy Vault is one of the few good places to visit for Transformers. Many a time I have found rare gems in excellent condition. And even though they were a bit pricey, they make up for it (if you think about buying one off of eBay and also having to pay the shipping costs).

9. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I find that pretty damn had to bite off.

10. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Please tell me you are exaggerating a little here... I mean I look for collections all the time in my area, and occasionally bump up against other friends who collect and deal... But of the couple of nice collections I bought in the past year, I pretty much happened on them by luck and no one else knows about them...

I think there's far more sales of collections that get discovered privately than you realize. These stores may "iron fist" high profile collections that hit the market, but in my experience, that's a very small % of what's out there... And not where you get the good deals anyway.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Nope. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the nation. It's a small area so It's easy to be managed by 4 major collectible shop owners and their staff. I've been to these stores and evey now and then, one of their employees will come back from being out all day, with a bunch of stuff people wanted to get rid of. Some stores have their employees go scouting for stuff people want to sell and buy it all up.

I've even met people who sold or were selling stuff to the stores and did not realize that they were getting crap money and not the right money for what their stuff really was worth. My best way to describe it is like The Simpson's Comic Book Guy but statewide and as all individual collectible shops instead of just one "The Android's Dungeon."

It's sad, but it's true. Though I still go to these shops because there's not much you can do. But I always end up buying only from the Toy Vault. They're the only store that hasn't been hard to deal with or whose owners haven't become jealous of stuff I happen to find by myself at antique shops.

Notice I didn't say "yard sales". We still have those today but everything at them is utter CRAP. Since the arrival of eBay, the yard sale, flea market, and friend who has old toys, has pretty much become extinct in my state. I have not been to a flea market since 1999, because they just aren't around anymore. It seems these days, almost everything goes straight to eBay.

12. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    I wonder if that guy old them any minicons. I'll have to drive on down.

13. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Reprolables did make a conversion set, but its no longer available on the site. I did get a set when they did, though I have no pics of them on the figure at the moment.

14. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Out in my neck of the woods, yard sales rule. but all you find is worn out junk. It would actually be interesting to have a collectibles type store around...

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think they're really BW2 Starscream and BB.

16. panda

panda Well-Known Member

17. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Man, how many potential megatron molds were put in BWII? Three. Sorry, wasn't a rhetorical question. I guess they got lazy with that show. I still love it.

18. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That is a real G2 set, the BWII Starscream has a black head with silver mouth plate.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ive been to a few toy vaults and they never seem to have current transformer stuff, so i wouldn't think they're making that particularly difficult for local shoppers. same with star wars. i like going there and occasionally pick up some stuff. it may be priced a lil high, but Ive found some great deals on stuff i wanted, and yeah, it totals cheaper than ebaying plus shipping. either way its a really fun place to browse and stop in on a toy run.