Atari X Autorooper

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by soundwaveCA, Feb 22, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just for starters this is not the Alt version but the WST one with the Atari figurine.

Well I'll keep this short and sweet. Overall I would not recommend this set to anybody. For TF fans looking at this set there's a good chance your looking at it just for the WST Autorooper. He's very much like many of the G1 WST that have been released, my closest comparison would be to other cars such as Sideswipe and Red Alert. One of the biggest differences is that in this set Autorooper can hold his gun just like his Alt counterpart which is an added bonus over other WST. However I found his robot mode extremely awkward. Wile WST like Sideswipe and Red Alert had simple transformations that worked well in both vehicle and robot modes this one does not. While his car mode is fine, his bot mode is plagued with problems. First of which I found him next to near impossible to stand. His feet unfortunately are inside out which is bad enough, but his legs are so small and flimsy that its very hard to get him to stand let alone position him. His arms are also an issue, however once you get him TF'd his arms are less of an issue. But overall his bot mode it just a mess and no fun at all to even just sit on a shelve let along play with.

As for Atari, well there's really not much to say, pretty much what you see is what you get. Personally I think she's a complete eyesore just like her smaller counterpart. Even if this figure wasn't connected to Transformers and the Kiss Players concept it would still be a 3rd rate anime figurine at best.

Either way the combination of how much this set costs and how much it sucks leads me to say that I can not stress enough to warn people to stay away from this set. Even those just eyeballing the WST Autorooper, trust me he's not worth it, might as well just break out some paint and repaint one of the other WST white or something. If they had made a Melissa X Convoy set instead I could have seen this idea working out much better as Melissa out of the three girls is at least half decent (relatively speaking) whereas Atari is just like I said, an eyesore.

My opinion this set should be avoided at all costs.

2. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Kinda disappointing, since I wanted both figures. Just how big are they? Any chance we can get a size comparison?

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  4. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Eeep. I'll pass. The large version of Mr. Rooper is great though.

Heh. Mr. Rooper.

Where the kissplay is hers and hers and his, Three's Company too!

God, I'm old.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RE: the picture above

My god what happened to the WST's ankle. o_o

6. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    The problem is that WSTF autotrooper's transformation is not accurate. the waist needs to rotate around 180. Or you need to swap the feet over.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    As far as I know looking at other pic’s and going over the instructions, and fiddling with him again he is TF’d correctly. As for the feet thing, there’s nothing you can do about that. You can try and flip things around but in the end it all comes out backwards so there’s really nothing you can do. Like I said his bot mode is very poor.

EDIT: I just saw your pic's of him from the other thread. Looks better like that but still fragile and still dosint look all that great.

Vang- Like I said he's impossible to stand, that and I wasint about to spend an hour trying to make this crap toy look pretty.

8. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

SOUNDWAVE YOU PERVERT! dont you know KISSPLAY is for perverted forty year old bald men living in their basement drinking Jolt and reading old volumes of Knights of the Round.... blahblahblah lol j/k dude, im looking forward to getting autorooper off you the fig looks amazing especially with Kremzeek :D