At what point is it okay for...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, May 4, 2006.

1. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    My Son and daughter are in to smelling things. Especially things that I drink :confused:  Could have to do with Soda and the bubbles.
    At any rate I was drinking a beer and they asked to smell it, My son hated it and my daughter liked it :redface2: . I haven't given them a taste, but like others have said a small taste will likely turn them off it for a while.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Why do I suddenly want to take a bubble bath? :D 

No you're probably right, it probably doesn't do this kid any harm or good, with how young he is. I don't know anyone who liked the taste of alcohol as a child. Younger than age 5 or so, I don't think a sip of beer does much more for a kid than contorts their face. While amusing, it's not very educational to them. I say, indulge their curiosity and be honest with their questions.

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

my dad gave me an small taste of beer when I was 6...i didnt touch the stuff till I was with my friends about 12 years later...and i still cant say I like it

4. Nephthys

Nephthys Banned

I had a feeling it was done accidentally.
    And I was speaking on showing rather than actually giving a child a drink.I don't think it is harmful in showing a child new things,within moderation.

fosterlager:A small taste would not do any harm.And I agree, sometthin of this nature would be more for pleasure and knowing out of curiosity to a young child.Bit when he gets older, the educational part could take place.