At the movies.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by soundwave86, Nov 16, 2008.

1. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you guys think of the new at the movies show compared to the old one? I tried watching it today and i couldnt its crap. They picked 2 of the worst movie critics it seems. Their conversations just seem annoying. I dont like the fact they need input from 4 other critics too sometimes. It makes you very confused who you should even listen to. The old format was much better.

2. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

The only At The Movies I know of is with David Stratton, and Margaret Pomeranz.

Though Margaret is an idiot.

3. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I'd barely watched since Ebert stopped being on. Roeper is a mutant, but at least he had the class to walk away from that trainwreck when they wanted to retool it.

The new version is awful though.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I say Two Thumbs down

5. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    RANT:

I couldn't agree with you guys more. I watched the first episode after Roeper left and I haven't watched it since. Total yawnfest, horrible critics, horrible format, garbage. Junk, junk, JUNK!

Hopefully, it won't be on the air for very long.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I used to watch it religiously, but haven't seen it in almost 10 years. It just wasn't the same after Gene died :( 

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I agree. Roeper always came across as a snivelling snob to me long before he was picked to replace Gene, tho I've warmed to him a little when watching his reminiscent segments on some classic film DVDs. Doubt I could stand the new version of the show at all - one thing I liked about the old one was that it was a very simple format and clearly just plain all about the films with few distractions.

--Moony

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like watching leah rosen on World News Now; i couldn't give her reviews credibility- reviewing a disney flick on a disney owned network- and well, these two critics have no street cred with me.
    they just don't come off as passionate about movies as Siskel and Ebert did, or even like Maltin.
    it is like a movie review show with "Access Hollywood" mentality.

gimme a show with Scorsese or other real filmmakers critiquing and i'd feel better

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Make it like Dinner for Five and it would be the best show ever.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I'm surprised the show is still on at all. You don't have to watch TV or read the newspaper anymore for movie reviews thanks to hundreds of thousands of movie review websites, bloggers, and vloggers. And sites like metacritic.com and rottentomatoes.com make reading reviews especially quick and easy.

And anyone who is titled a "movie critic" -- I stopped caring about their opinions on movies long ago. They tend to favor the artsy-fartsy boring dramas and indie flicks and then turn their noses up at anything animated or related to genres like fantasy, action-adv, and sci-fi. They prefer films that your average movie fan like me just doesn't give a crap about, so why should I even care what they have to say about them?

QFT.