At the end of the 2007 movie, bumblebee somehow manages to talk properly, but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by IronPrime92, Oct 3, 2010.

1. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

come revenge of the fallen, he resorts goin back to radio talk...
    can someone explain that for me?

2. SomeCroatianGuy

SomeCroatianGuy PS3 ID: DEATHSTROKE-cro-

News Credits:
    I think it was explained in a book/comic that was released before ROTF.
    I heard that here on the forum

3. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Bigger concern.... how come the All Spark does not heal him, both his voicebox and his legs, when he touches it.... like Frenzy??

4. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

oh yeah...

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

dunno why they changed it back to radio talk, but i did read that the guy who did the bumblebee voice in TF1 didnt know about them useing that clip of his voice for the movie (the voice was done by the guy who speaks for the robots on set during filming & they took the clip he used during filming on set to surprise him). the voice actor later said that if he had known that they were gonna use his voice for bumblebee that he would have made the voice sound younger. that might have something to do with it. i hope that made sense :D 

6. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Ahh yes. More threads about inconsistencies and how they bog down the movie. Yet, the original cartoon has three origin stories, each negating the last.

Yes, his voice was fixed at the end of '07. In the comics in between, he got into a skirmish while helping S7 and it was wounded once again. But in RotF, Sam notes that Bee is "milking it", which stands to reason that he CAN speak, but possibly prefers the radio to his real voice.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Read IDW ROTF Prequel Transformers: Alliance in there Starscream was killing his fellow decepticon wreckage who has bretrayed them and then bumblebee gets ino the fight. Starscream attacks bee which cuase bee to lose hsi vocie again

Still Bee Can Talk But not Fully so he uses his radio thing

8. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

yeah it does make sense
    the voice that was used though, to me, made bumblebee seem more mature instead of childish

9. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

i see
    dont know too much about what happened in the comics between the films
    so it was still a mystery to me
    and i just thought it was a movie cock-up

10. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

milkalea asks him when she sees him for the first time if he is still having trouble with his voice. bee nods

most people miss it for whatever reason

11. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Why did they even decide to make him speak with his radio in the first place?

12. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I guess that's why bumblebee always run from Starscream in ROTF :p 

13. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

They wanted him to seem as far from an actual character as possible. Plus he shares a lot of scenes with Sam so they didn't want him stealing the scenes by being more interesting or something.

He's just a car that Sam bought. That happens to be able to turn into a robot every now and then.

Or something.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    ... here we go again.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Or y'know, so Sam and the audience could be surprised when the Autobots show up, instead of a speaking Bumblebee just dropping exposition in everyone's laps and explaining it all.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's a writing trick. Making Bumblebee unable to properly articulate the whole story to Sam means it can be saved for later when Optimus comes along and tells it in the more epic Autobot Arrival scene while the audience is still buzzing from seeing that turning shot of all the Autobots revealed transforming for the first time. It prolongs the mystery of the Transformers until the right moment to reveal everything.
    Just think how short the movie would've been if Bumblebee had driven right up to Sam within five minutes of the start and directly told him what was going on and then asked for the glasses.

17. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Frenzy touched it when it was in mondo-mega-cube mode, and it had already been shown to be capable of dispensing life in that from (the Nokia-bot). BB was touching it when it was in easy-travel mode, presumably the Allspark only dispenses life when it's given a shock, like when Sam dropped it into the street. Also, you seem to need to call on the Allspark to be revived (Frenzy reaching out and getting his body back, BB grasping it to make it turn into easy-travel mode) and at that time stopping the Allspark from getting into Megatron's hands was a tad more important than BB getting his legs back, or at least BB thought so. Besides, BB spontaneously restoring himself after getting his legs blown off would ruin the scene where he gives the AllSpark to Sam, IMO.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nah, that'd actually be something good. Can't have that. Must be bad film making, obviously!

Also, in ROTF Sam drops a line that hints that BB may simply prefer talking with the radio and "plays it up" to seem more innocent.

19. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

This movie is not G1!

20. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    For me, the radio/voice gimmick has gone stale, IMO they should give him back his "real" voice.