At some point, we all thought this..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Mar 2, 2012.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Remember when DOTM teasers were flying everywhere- from youtube filming scenes- to the super bowl trailer, and rumors were spreading like crazy. When the superbowl trailer appeared, we believed at first that Optimus's jetpack was actually an aerialbot, one of a race of flying autobots. Although sadly this didn't come true and they were no where to be found, at some point we all thought the final battle of the movie, which was said to be nothing but robot heavy, piss your pants action, would end up like the scenes seen in the Avengers trailer:

Marvel Avengers Assemble (2012) Watch the Official trailer | HD - YouTube

I say that for tf4, Bay should acknowledge that we need this kind of epicness right here, even if it's just the trailer, the scenes in this movie are at least focusing on the actual heroes, not some regular normal humans fleeing and just so happening to be killing the impossible-to-kill enemies along the way :redface2:  that seriously got on my nerves with DOTM, espcecially being told that chicago would be left up to the bots. So this is what I imagined: the majority of the time, it would be robots vs robots with little military/ human effort. Instead, we got the other way around. And the "optimus vs sentinel" was too last minute in the final hour to even make up for half of it.

2. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

joss whedon is good at establishing story with no budget(see dr. horrible's sing along blog). bay isn't good at establishing story with a HUGE budget(see transformers: Revenge of the Fallen).

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    We did?

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i never belivied anything that was said of the Chicago battle beign robot only, i also never belivied that prime jetpack was aerialbot

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    yes, i heard it thrown around that the jetpack could have been an aerialbot for some time

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I don't think I ever heard that. Not once.

I remember it being parts of Jetfire or Jetfire brought back to life were tossed around once or twice.

7. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Are we talking about a different Revenge of the Fallen? Michael Bay makes entire movies on budgets that wouldn't even cover catering for other movies of similar caliber.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never heard that either, anyone who thought that I would have to question their sanity

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Can't say I'd ever heard this at the time, either. I think we all assumed it was either recycled Jetfire parts or something to do with the trailer.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I definitely don't remember anyone thinking that Optimus' jetpack armor was an Aerialbot. I do remember, however, the rumours floating around that Aerialbots might be featured in both RotF ("OMG! Shooting at the Aircraft Boneyard? Aerialbots! Calling it now!") and then DotM ("James Avery is voicing Silverbolt? That means that there's all of the Aerialbots! And Superion! Totally!").

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    >we believed

I certainly wasn't apart of "we."

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Aerialbot? "We?" What are you on?

I definitely thought it was maybe Jetfire's parts, or maybe Minicons who transformed from a jet pack to his guns, but never heard your claim that "we" thought it was an Aerialbot.

And IMO you're off your rocker if you didn't get your huge serving of robot-robot mashing. Optimus Vs Sentinel. Sentinel vs the Autobots. The Wreckers Vs Cloverfield. The Wreckers, Ratchet and Bumblebee going to "RIP DAT PILLAH DOOOOOOWN!!!". Optimus fighting the Driller. Wreckers Vs Shockwave. Ratchet, Sideswipe, Dino, and Bumblebee storming the Decepticons and Shockwave after NEST opened fire. Optimus' mile long badass rampage and killing Shockwave. The Autobots and NEST charging the Pillar and going to aid Optimus, with Dino pulling off an Assasin's Creed-style assassination, Ratchet sniping Decepticons, and Sideswipe covering the rear. Bumblebee killing Soundwave. Brains and Wheelie commandeering the Mothership. Optimus Vs Sentinel and Megatron. The Wreckers killing that pilot.

Yep, there was no Autobot-Decepticon fighting. The humans totally did all the work.

13. wrecker11

wrecker11 Wrecker

Let me answer your question. No. If some people did it was literally like, just him.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I am going to take a quote that I said to Chopperface once - and that he currently has as his signature - because it totally applies here once again. Ahem...

"Chopperface once again reminds us that there are some reasonable, logical people out there. Bravo, good sir. Bravo. *Orsonclap.gif*"

15. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *raises hand*

Yeah... I also never once thought that the jetpack was an Aerialbot or even saw that mentioned as a possible thing.

17. Sso02V

News Credits:
    I'm sure the same people that thought that the Optimus Prime shaped thing with wings was anything but Optimus with a jetpack (again) are the same ones who thought Demolishor was Devastator in the RotF teaser, based solely on the fact that he was "big".

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love to see what Josh Wheadon could do with Transformers?

19. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Exept these characters are used with human actors, they arent fully cgi, which is what keeps the bots from getting character development.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I never, at any point, thought that.