At long last, I have an Optimus Cookie Jar!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Scourge, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    First I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to board member ckhtiger! He was kind enough to sell this to me at a very fair price, and not ebay it. Thank you, Craig, your gesture is appreciated more than you know.

My wife and I had a great time at your house, meeting you and your fiance' and checking out your collection!

This is a grail that has always eluded me. I've only seen it on ebay a few times, and the couple that were nice that I genuinely wanted I was sniped out.

I'm not much of an oddity collector, but this has a lot of sentimental value. We had this in the house in the 80's (I think I was around 8 or 9 at the time). My mom used to keep our after school snacks in the jar we had, usually the packs of snack size chips, Little Debbie snacks, etc.

Well, one day my sister and I were raiding the jar (literally) and we began to pull it back and forth, fighting over the last bag of whatever it was. Next thing you know, the jar was in a million pieces on the kitchen floor. Despite my efforts, not all of it was salvageable, and it could not be fixed. :( 

Fast forward to now, I had given up hope trying to re-acquire this piece. It is quite rare, especially with the box and in unused condition.

ckhtiger had posted a "price check" thread a few weeks ago, and I let him know that I wanted it, and would be willing to pay a decent price for it. At that time, he had decided to keep it, but said he would let me know first if he wanted to sell it. I did not have any hope, because I knew better than to get my hopes up, so I just tried to forget about it.

Then, a couple days ago, I get a PM saying "Hey, wanna buy a cookie jar?" I was estatic, I almost couldn't believe it was going to happen. We arranged a meet up at his house, as he lives about 35 min away. All Friday night and Saturday, I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

Finally, Sat afternoon we drove out there to make the exchange.

The jar is now in my glass display case with my G1 collection.

My mom is supposed to come over today, I can't wait to see her face when she sees it!

Thanks again, man! :D 

Some quick pics:
    boxed
    [​IMG]

Front:
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

Comparison w/ G1 Prime:
    [​IMG]

In my case:
    [​IMG]

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I want one:drool: 

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Too cute. :D 

4. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Nice.
    Makes a good Centerpiece

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I was going to say this in a pm, but now that there's a thread, I'll just make some comments here instead.

it's always great to be able to make new friends and be able to share your hobbies with people with the same interests. it was great having you and your wife over and generosity goes both ways.

I had not really planned on getting any animated figures, and Gary was showing me cyb. prime, and ended up giving him to me as my very first (and probably only) animated figure!

it was so nice to see your reaction to the cookie jar, and it's great knowing it's going to have a home in which it's going to be really appreciated. this kind of brotherhood is what the fandom is really all about!

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cookies are the right of all sentinet beings.

:lol 

Nice find.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Now, how awesome is that thing?? It's awesome like real OP!

8. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, its a cookie jar. I don't care how rare it is, take out of that damn case and use it like it was ment to be used!

9. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    It has nothing to do with its rarity...read my post again :)