Astrotrain Wing variations

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Asterios, May 23, 2010.

1. Asterios

Asterios Well-Known Member

Ok as I said in my pricing question thread what can people tell me about the variations on Astrotrains wings towards the front by the locomotive wheels?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  3. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

just curious if anyone can tell me how rare the original White Astrotrain is?

4. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Well that depends. The Japanese white G1 Astrotrain is very rare - it was never released in the U.S. However, when Hasbro and Takara re-issued G1 Astrotrain a few years back, they re-issued the white version. While there are differences between the Japanese white G1 Astrotrain and the re-issued white Astrotrain (NASA stickers versus ASTR stickers for example), I would most people who want a white Astrotrain are happy enough with the re-issue. Therefore, I think that there probably isn't that big of a market for the Japanese white Astrotrain. However, the prices on ebay haven't come down that much for the Japanese white Astrotrain - it still costs a pretty penny.

5. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

Thanks Swoop for the quick response. Ive been browsing items on ebay lately as I have semi come back to collecting and find that some of my items have LOST value in the past 8 years or so that I was away. I remember paying a grand for Artfire and white Astrotrain and now I bought one on eBay a few days ago for 600. I hope I just seriously didnt overpay back then. hehe.