Minor/Repaint: Astrotrain actually has hands

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rumble619, Jan 12, 2009.

1. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was looking at Astrotrain this morning and I don't know about you guys but I hate the way they did his forearms.When I would try to pose him,the nosecone kept slipping back down over his hands.So I removed them.

To start off just simply heat the pins and remvoe the nosecones.

The next thing I did was find some smaller pins that fit into the hole of the post on the nosecone.Note*make sure the pins are short enough that when in shuttle mode they don't extend past the wheels.

I then drilled holes smaller then the pins thru his wings right under where the tires from his arms go in shuttle mode.Put a small amount of JB Weld over the hole then heat the pins and push them thru.Let the JB Weld set up and the pins should be nice and tight.

Now you can attach the nosecones to his back using the pegs and the pins.

When transforming simply push the nosecones back thru the holes in his forearms and have at it.

The only thing is that it leaves holes in his forearms but for me.......I don't mind it so much.I know alot of people won't like the holes but I just wanted to share this little mod with you all.I hope you like!!!

Attached Files:

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

The holes are acceptable; he looks hella better with actual arms. Nice idea on the storage, too. I'd say throw on a G1 paint app and call it done. Woot.

~Z

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Well done!! And a great storage option too!:thumbs2: