Assistance Needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

I just got my Holy Grail in the mail, a G1 Jetfire, and he is in great shape. However there is sticker ware and he is kinda dirty with some yellowing. I ordered new stickers from repro label.com but I want to clean him up first before putting those on so i am requesting some help as to the best methods are to cleaning him without damage the figure and if there is anything I should do to take care of the small part that is yellowing or if I should just leave it alone. Any assistance would be great thanks.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Cleaning = soap + water +rinse
    I also hear you can do it in the top rack of a dishwasher, but I don't know if you'd risk a nice figure like that to try.
    You could also use Goo Gone for the residue followed by a rinse

Yellowing- you can sand it off or you can ignore it. Once again, I don't know if you'd want to risk such a nice figure to try, but that's the only way to take care of it.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What I did was keep an eye out for a Jetfire junker on eBay that had the parts I needed in a non-yellowed state. When it arrived, I took both to pieces (keeping track of where the screws, springs and such went - he has a LOT of small parts in there) and used lighter fluid to remove any sticker residue.
    I then cleaned the parts with warm water and (oddly enough) Cilit Bang (Cilit BAM over there). I dried them all off and reassembled him, applying the Reprolabels carefully afterwards.
    The whole thing took me a day or so. It was a long process, but the result was well worth the effort.

4. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I remember it being said before that gentle emery boards (soft nail files) can help to gently remove yellowing.

5. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

thanks for the info. much appreciated