Assembly difference between BWX Primal and Cyb. Beast Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deathx360, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I was reading over a few threads on the board when I looked up at the top of computer desk at BWX Primal and the Cybertron Prime repaint I just bought when I noticed something, they reversed the upper section of both legs. Is this a common thing or is mine assembled differently than everyone else’s? Not that it's a big deal, I think it kind of adds something to the figure.

When I was looking for references on Hasbro's Transformers web site I came across an error in the official pictures. The figure is assembled like mine but on the left leg, left arm in beast mode, for the lighter section they used the same piece on both legs. Strange but not really uncommon for Hasbro to get something wrong in an official photo. You can see the mistake on this page.
    http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=C77BCAFC-D56F-E112-4DB9867B4813C102

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    could be just a one-off thing.

I saw a 6-inch titanium optimus prime a while back that had two left hands. never saw such a thing reported online though.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that'd be because it's assembled by people, who aren't always perfect. of course you will have assembly errors, my dinobot bwx has to left elbo joints, but there's nothing that i can do about it. you just have to live with it. or not buy it, or take it back and exchange for a new one. assembly errors happen with everything, not just transformers. i should know, i assemble things for a living. i screw up, you screw up we all screw up once in a while, all it means is it is made by humans people who are human. and not by perfection.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The upper arms on mine are swapped. The one on the left has the circles in front on his shoulders, the one on the right are on the back. ( Still wanting to call them Primal)

[​IMG]

5. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Yes, but what I'm getting at is if all the Cybertron Prime's are like this? It's not a problem, I'm just curious to see if this is how most are assembled. I don't even really see it as an error, more like a way to further set the two apart, especially if the entire run of the figure is like that. If I was to return it for a reason it would be because of the scraps on the back of the figure.

6. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Ok, so maybe it is just mine. The picture helped answer my question. So it was just an error and not a weird production switch for the figure, then again Hasbro has done some really stupid things in the last few years or 10. I saw two when I got this one and must not have looked closely at it. Looks like the last wave of deluxe figures could be a real hit-or-miss in the QC department. Oh well I like it this way, makes them seem a little more unique.

Edit: Damn it all, I was looking at the lower legs, the right arm on yours is the way both of mine are. I need some sleep. Guess I will wait and look at the next one I find or if someone else posts about theirs to find out for sure.