Asking price for full run of comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Shogi, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of dropping my collection of Transformers comics on ebay. I have a bunch, the main run of 80 is what I'm wondering what I should be asking for. They are all bagged and boarded (Well 2 comics per bag and board) and they're mostly all NM/M except for some of the earlier issues. So what should a BIN be for these?

While we're at it, same question for Headmasters, and the DW stuff

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Just a suggestion - you may get more help with this is it's placed in the Comics forum on here. As for a price...wow..I don't know, I FINALLY completed mine recently, but I got it all slowly for about a dollar each or less.

I'd say most are worth upwards of $3 except for the harder to find ones like the last one, which I bought for $10. So, do the math that way, maybe, and then tack some more on if you're using a BIN price and set the auction at where the math comes out at.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, I don't know. I hope you get good money for them, although I got-years ago-all the books scanned onto 2 cds for like ten bucks. don't know if those are still floating around.

4. rid

rid Well-Known Member

There's a guy on eBay selling his entire TF run as well as the related one shots and mini-series (Headmasters, GIJoe vs TF, Universe, etc.)

I'd say keep an eye on it and see what it sells for?

I'll try to find the link later.

Edit: I can't find the auction. But I know it's there. I just saw it a couple of days ago. Try looking for it. You'll probably have more patience than I, seeing you are surely more motivated to look. He's got the whole G1 run, G2, etc. the bigger lot I've seen on eBay.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

There were scans of nearly all of the G1 US and UK Marvel comics available on tfarchive a few years ago, but I don't think they're available any longer. I saved every damn page and compiled them into PDFs (one PDF per issue). Took a damn long time, but the quality is decent.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Mmmmm, I'm thinking of selling my UK comics. Not the whole run but about 200 issues from about 100 - 300, something like that.
    Only problem is I have no idea what they are worth.
    Probably more than I spent, but not as much as I'd like!

7. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The value on complete runs of books has dropped a bit due to the availability of nearly EVERYTHING EVER PUBLISHED on bit torrent.