As much as I'd like to see a trailer in Nov.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Nov 2, 2008.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Bob Orci did say there was going to be a huge marketing push in November while they were filming.

But with the strike and Shia's hand injury, that did put a bit of a delay on the filming.

I don't know how much work is involved in putting a movie trailer together but I'm not gonna hold my breath for one in November because if you remember correctly, it was December 2006 when the first trailer with actual footage came out. So if the trailer for the 2nd movie came out in Dec 2008, that's just about the right time.

It sounds like it would be quite a rush project but then again I still hope we will see a trailer sooner than later. I can't freaking wait.

Does anyone think it might end up being in December since principal photograhy JUST wrapped?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think we may just see a quick teaser trailer sometime this month, but not really see a real trailer till December. The teaser could be as simple as the logo and a line from the movie. Kinda like The Dark Knight's teaser and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince's teaser.

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I was thinking the same thing - Orci said a marketing push would come in November, but frankly he's said alot of things and I'm starting to just not believe the guy anymore.

A trailer could debut in front of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" in December - the timing and film genre would be right, as it is another *(needless remake of a classic)* sci-fi movie

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's not really odd to get a little push for the summer films in the late fall and early winter to get the buzz going for next summer. With so many big summer films hitting each year you just about have to start the buzz early to make sure you are going to be amoung the hits even if you already did well with your first film.

Really wouldn't need a lot of finished work though to pull out a trailer right now. Show some picture of Earth from space, have Prime's voice saying something about how they thought the war was over but they were wrong, maybe show some things hitting our planet like the first film and then Prime's voice says something cool like the war has just begun. You haven't really shown any footage from the movie, but you've still got people people pumped up because even the people who weren't happy with other things were happy with Prime's voice.

So expect the trailer to be more of a buzz starter not finished product, just like all the other summer trailers hitting this November and December. Ha ha, I mean you don't retailers wouldn't like to get some movie buzz going to get rid of the last of the movie stock over the holidays to get ready for the new movie toys do you?

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay minimised the impact the SAG strike and LaBeouf's injury had on production. He has plenty of footage and shot for about the same length of time on the first film (April to October 2006, now May to November 2008).