As much as I praise Travis's G1 design.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, Oct 9, 2018.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Why would you care about the continuity if you hated it so much?

Just look at every movie as its own thing.

Even if it flops, the influence won't go away that easily because of how influencial it is. Why do you think we never saw Uncle Ben die again in Spider-Man Homecoming, why do you think villains like Green Goblin or Doc Ock are unlikely to appear again?

Also please be appreciative for both sides. This movie is trying its best to appeal to everyone, be it the movie aesthetic or G1.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

The general audience was usually cited after every film as having difficulty telling the robots apart from one another. Plus, the G1-ness only really comes into play with the Cybertron scenes, while the majority of the on-Earth stuff will focus on BB, Shatter, and Dropkick, who are far more 'bayformers' in comparison.

If anything, the opposite is true - general moviegoers recognize the original Transformers designs, the bright colors and easily defined shapes. It isn't a strong reaction, but it is one all the same.

Oh, they've already been hit mega-hard from TLK doing so bad, it ruined he HuaHua Media contract - that contract was supposed to bankroll multiple Paramount films in the upcoming years and TLK ensured that a critical money supply is lost to Paramount when it is needed most. Plus, most of the execs who had ties to what happened with Transformers got canned and replaced, so really the current Paramount management had nothing to do with the disaster zone that is bayformers. They can only gain if BB is a success, whereas if it's a failure, they can just blame their predecessors for a money pit and move on.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shatter

Shatter Well-Known Member

Uhhh

• Like Like x 1
  4. optimusMagnus7575

optimusMagnus7575 Active Member

Some one get this guy a medal.
    100% agree with you sir

• Like Like x 3
  5. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Bumblebee success, Paramount only will stated this is a reboot with Travis Knight version, they just can ignore all previous 5 movies did you get that? They want to see the result first..they already change all robots and cybertron design with G1 looked, they are meant to reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    While I agree the designs should have been more like Bees or Blitzwings (Bay's cybertronian forms instead of G1), Paramount right now is desperate.
    Also a lot of positive feedback has been going around since the last trailer.

7. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

If this movie flops. Then what's the chance of them using g1 design in a reboot?

8. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

Posts like this are the reason we need an applause emoji.

9. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I heard uncle ben died because deadpool was to late to save him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

Fr tho

11. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    U guys saying Bay won't be back, but how can u be damn sure? Lorenzo, probably one of the biggest hack of all time is still on board. Right after the first BB trailer dropped, the guy begun to talk nonsense again, about a Optimus Prime solo movie? LOL. I honestly believe he was behind the Blitzwing\Starscream controverses. Okay, I take back about the general audience may not be bothered by the sudden G1 design, but mark my words: IF BB will hit high on the B.O, Lorenzo will push to get Bay Back, because these two are in some weird bromance together. He will tell Paramount that TLK flopped because of the writers room and Bay should be recommended to helm the Optimus Prime movie.....

• Like Like x 1
  12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me ask you do you have any inside information that bay will be back at all he clearly stated hes not gonna return and why would they bring him back when they have a better director.

13. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't, but as I wrote in my previous post, Lorenzo is still attached and everybody knows he loves Bay.

14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But why would they bring bay back? Ever since bay left and stayed as a producer everything's been postive and people were actually going to see it. If they brought bay back that'll cause negative feedback.

15. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    But TLK failed in box office and professionally speaking, Bay wants to move on from the franchise.

16. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he's done, I would be very happy if he was. But in a interview earlier this year, he called Transformers his babies, his creation so he might change his mind.

17. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

So is Bay-he's one of the producers on BB.
    . . .
    I see what you mean, though-and I actually agree with you regarding Lorenzo's involvement in the BlitzScream thing. . .However, a bunch of mostly former Paramount execs and their decisions, as well as their accomplices/enablers, are the ones to blame for all the contradictory conditions/ corporatespeak regarding the BB movie. . .The moment of truth is December.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 4:22 PM
  18. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Which is why he's producing Bumblebee.

I can almost 99% guarantee he will never direct another Transformers movie. He wants to make other films. He directed Transformers for ten years. That's a lot of time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if he did that, but it wouldn't make much sense for Paramount to go along with it - If Knight's new direction ends up being a hit, why go back to Bay's direction, which already has 5 movies, audience/critic panned, and the most recent one lost them a major funding contract? I also question the need for a BB 2, BB 3, Optimus spinoff, they seem like filler ideas that are pitched to stall another "event movie" that will branch off from the Bayverse.

I really want to see what Knight is capable of when he's allowed to build a TF movie from scratch. BB is already suffering from being a hybrid, but I could see it leading to great things.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 4:09 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  20. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Okay first of all I don't agree with that statement. The general audiance which includes non-transformers fans or just people who know almost nothing about the trf lore will barely even notice the difference. I can't imagine my parents for example recognizing any change. I think it's mostly hardcore fans that will and have noticed it. But I don't believe this will influence the movie's ratings at all. Also I strongly suspect Hasbro and Paramount will definitely reboot it if it is a sucess. I mean it will literally be an example of a good Transformers movie so they'd be happy to continue making more films like this. That's just my opinion. I also don't like the G1-ish designs though. I find them too simplistic and cartoonish.

• Like Like x 5