As much as DOTM the game seems cool...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, May 23, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I really miss the ROTF gameplay. I remember making a topic a while ago about what would happen if DOTM the game was WfC with movie bots and it turned out I was right (which really isn't surprising since WfC is the best TF game to date).

But the one problem I had with WfC was that it tried to hard to be a 3rd person shooter and not really an effective Transformers game.

In my opinion, ROTF the game got the gameplay right for the movie-verse (the hold convert button to stay transformed is debatable). At least in that game you had more freedom - you could climb stuctures, use melee effectively while still being able to shoot and I thought that the MP in that sense brought something new to the shooter genre as opposed to the typical style displayed by shooters.

What do you guys think?

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Agreed on everything. I love the ROTF game and just finished playing it for the upteenth time. :D 

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i agree!

not that i dislike WFC at all but i do wish there were elements mixed in from both games
    THEN thatd be the perfect TF game IMO

personally, i'd like to see a TF game with gameplay similar to High Moon's own Bourne Conspiracy game!

i think they hit all the major facets as far as driving, shooting, and melee/fisticuffs in that game and if it was fine tuned and tailored for transformers i think i'd be in love

i was REALLY excited when we saw Optimus bust out his axe and started choppin up cons in the WFC trailer/intro cinematic. i'd love to see some melee combat other than just an X,X,X combo or click in the thumbstick for a quick COD-style attack
    [i definitely DO like that in the ROTF game there's the option to go melee or shooter! just wish the melee was a little more in depth]

but yeah. to mix in all three elements effectively and also the scale and epic boss battles/set pieces like in WFC

thatd be sooooooo hawt <3

but anyways :p 

they'll probly just be stickin to the same formula since they're wanting to churn out a TF game every year or so like all the other games

4. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Have HMS made shooters before? If not then it would explain the control scheme being similar to other games e.g. CoD style left stick for melee.

I would have liked more depth in combat such as a move list. It would have given the game so much more to it.

Maybe in WfC 2 there can be an option to change the camera because as much as I love the over the shoulder view (which I indeed like) it makes the game feel restricted. I doubt this would happen.

5. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, the ROTF game is really underrated just because it's a movie-game tie in.

WFC was also really good, but not without a couple of problems. Here's hoping that the new game will use the best elements from each.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    RotF, after the initial cooldown after the hype, was pretty barebones story-wise, but the gameplay and multiplayer were great.

Heck, I'm playing through again to get a few more achievements and people are STILL playing it's MP mode!

7. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

That game was literally amazing! Pretty short but all the fighting, shooting, quick-time events in it were amazing. Driving was a bit shoddy...

If only our visions could be realised :D ream:

8. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Are you freaking kidding me?! I raded mine because I thought no-one was playing it! If I can find it as part of buy 2 games for £20 it'll be mine... again.

9. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't see how people like ROTF so much compared to WFC. It honestly baffles me.

I don't think transformers games will switch formula from the WFC gameplay for quite some time.

10. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    I recently got rotf and wfc back to play. super excited to play as sideswipe again on rotf til i realised one crucial thing....

Rotf is an awful game! The controls are messy and the camera makes it nigh unplayable online.

After playing the wfc campaign again with good old roadbuster88 up there, i couldnt be more excited for dotm. Hope theyve improved the wfc engine somewhat, especially melee for sideswipe and mirage.

11. RoadBuster88

Hells yea :) 

I'm more excited to be playing as the film versions rather than another take on the same characters that they were in WFC. Especially when it came to online, there was just multicoloured robots here and there and even though there was choice of shells and colours, really wasn't that much at all.

Hoping for some GOOD DLC for this game, which means Barricade, Jolt, Skids and Bonecrusher at least because I love their vehicles!

12. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do hope that there's a proper WFC sequel in the works as well though.
    I'd love another 3-man co-op, playing that with two other trans-fans is an amazing experience.

13. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I too wonder what they'll be like. They said some characters will be melee-centric so I wonder how that affects gameplay. Sideswipe doesn't shoot much so I'll be disappointed if that's his main way of combat. I'll be annoyed if the only inclusion of combat for him is a thumbstick click and a special move.

I liked ROTF because the combat was quite satisfying. It wasn't just move around shoot and if you're close then melee, you could go about fighting differently. Plus there was more you could do such as transform and jump, transform into melee which was cool too.

Stealth Force is mixed for me. It's a strange "coincidence" really. Was the idea of the 3rd mode in WfC inspired by Stealth Force? Because if not then it's lucky that Bay liked the toy line enough to put it in the film and then HMS make the game which let them use Stealth Force which is the same as WfC's 3rd mode.

14. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    There is. It's sceduled for release next year.

15. RoadBuster88

They only put stealth mode into it so characters in the game could move sideways like in WFC, which is just going to look stupid with real cars...

16. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they put it in because it fit with the movie's idea of weaponized vehicle modes and basically followed the same formula as the WfC vehicle modes.

Right place at the right time.

17. Shizuka

News Credits:
    It's a funny coincidence though. Stealth Force happens to be in the film and it gives them an excuse to recylce a mechanic from their other game. WHat I look forward to are those gorgeous character model. Bumblebee looked really good.

18. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    ROTF Game had everything I ever wanted multiple characters for the same mission, special transformations, and Multiplayer. It did seem to focus more on a transformers game then a third person shorter like WFC. I like the kill streek idea and all that but still I think the game would have been perfect if they combined the elements.

19. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    WFC got it right, im gald they took over for the DOTM game. The first movie games was just horrible except for the G1 easter eggs, and though ROTF had a slight improvement, i still didnt finish it either

20. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    How did wfc not focus on being a transformer game? Brand new continuity and story, brand new designs and characterization, a system specifically tailored for transformers in a decent control format. Rotf is just awful i dont get how anyone can enjoy it after playing wfc.

I really hated how slow sideswipw was in rotf. Watching gameplay vids of dotm sideswipe is skating around so fast, cant wait :D