Fan Art: Artists wanted for Beast Era comic!

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Optimus Frimal, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Optimus Frimal

Optimus Frimal The Beast Era is coming..

Attention all line artists/ colourists/ inkers/ general artistic types, your services are needed for Beast Era, the only PROPER continuation of the Beast Wars/Beast Machines Universe.
    Written by myshelf, Phil Bustamante, otherwise known as Overcracker and Shane Anderson, of Obsidian's Lament fame, Beast Era is a comic continuation of the story started in Beast Wars and continued in Beast Machines.
    Set exactly 1 year after the end of Beast Machines, Cybertron is a world at peace. Or is it? As the world prepares itself for the relaunch of Cybertron's space program, old tensions begin to resurface and old enemies are there to bring these tensions to boiling point. Can Cheetor and the surviving members of Primal's Maximals as well as an all new Unified Maximal/Predacon Council save Cybertron once again? And is there more going on here than meets the eye?
    To find out the answers to all of these questions and more all you need to do is say that you're interested in helping out, leave a sample of your work here, or a link to your work and wait for me to link you to our 'base of operations'.
    Just so everything is clear, this is a fan project and as such any of you who are generous enough are doing this for fun, and will not receive payment for your contribution. However, having said that we are looking into pitching this idea to IDW at some point, so who knows what might happen :wink: 
    So, in closing we need any and all line artists, colourists and inkers to come and help us out and have some fun along the way. If you're interested in helping out then please leave a link to some of your work in this thread, or send me a PM, thanks :) 

2. Optimus Frimal

Maybe I could tempt some of you with a look at some fantastic character designs by the amazing Gantzrunner ( GANTZRUNNER on deviantART )?

Nightscream
    [​IMG]

Lio Convoy
    [​IMG]

Botanica
    [​IMG]

Blackarachnia
    [​IMG]

Maximal Group shot
    [​IMG]

3. Optimus Frimal

Still nobody yet?

Perhaps if I add more characters by Jeffrey Witty (http://psychomud.deviantart.com/)?

B'Boom Beast and Robot Modes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spittor Beast and Robot Modes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a bit of the script for issue 1, written by myself?

Beast Era

Issue 1:

PAGE 1:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS BEHIND RATTRAP, TAKING IN MOST OF THE SCENE. CHEETOR IS WITH RATTRAP, CHEETOR IS ON TOP OF A STAGE, IN FRONT OF HIM ARE BLUE CURTAINS, WITH A SYMBOL OF BOTH THE PREDACON AND MAXIMAL SYMBOLS, MIXED TOGETHER. CHEETOR’S BODY FACING THE FRONT AND HIS HEAD IS FACING RATTRAP, WHO IS BEHIND THE STAGE. RATTRAP IS LOOKING UP AT CHEETOR. BOTH OF THEM ARE IN ROBOT MODE. THEY ARE BOTH IN A GREYISH-BLUE BUILDING.)

TEXT BOX (BLACK): Cybertron. One year after the events of the Technorganic War

RATTRAP: Well Spots, you’ve come a long ways and now it’s almost time fer the grand finale of sorts.

CHEETOR: Yeah, almost.

PANEL 2:

(CAMERA IS IN THE SAME POSITION AS PANEL 1. RATTRAP HAS HIS LEFT HAND UP AGAINST THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS HEAD)

RATTRAP: Ok, I’ll draw the curtains back den. Just make sure dat nothing happens whilst Spots is making his speech, understand Ramulus?

PANEL 3:

(RATTRAP NO LONGER HAS HIS HAND AGAINST HIS HEAD. CHEETOR IS SMILING)

Rattrap: Oh and Spots, make sure yer convincing ok? Ya really don’t want em catching on to ya now.

CHEETOR: I’m always convincing Rattrap. They haven’t found out yet, have they?

PANEL 4:

(SAME CAMERA POSITION AS PANEL 1 AND 2. CHEETOR IS NOW COMPLETELY FACING THE FRONT, LOOKING DIGNIFIED, RATTRAP IS POINTING AT THE CURTAINS.)

RATTRAP: Right den Spots, here’s yer big opportunity. So don’t mess it up.

PANEL 5:

(CAMERA IS IN FRONT OF CHEETOR, HE IS LOOKING DOWN AT HIS BODY)

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): Hmm... You know, maybe I should take a page out of Rattrap’s book and settle down with someone. He seems to know what he’s doing, just for a change… I don't think he's cried out doom and gloom since he found Botanica, although he has gone back to calling me Spots a lot more regularly now... Still though, he’s a changed 'bot. Heh, then again, I’m not exactly who I used to be either, am I?

Any takers now?