Fan Art: Artist wanted for Beast Era project

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Andersonh1, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Hi all,

I've been working on writing a beast-era comic with Optimus Frimal, also of these boards, and Overcracker from another site. We've had great difficulty in getting an artist to stick with us on the project for long, and it's hard to say why. So I'm soliciting help.

We'd like a good fan artist, or two, who are willing to work on 20-page issues of a comic set after Beast Machines. It's unrelated to my Obsidian's Lament storyline, and is the brainchild of Optimus Frimal. The familiar characters like Cheetor and Rattrap have been redesigned, and most of that work is finished, as far as I know. I'm sure Frimal would be open to further reinterpretation if you're interested.

This is a volunteer project. No pay at this point. Frimal would like to pitch it to IDW, so anything's possible. Not likely, but possible. If you're interested, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with Optimus Frimal, or you can contact him directly here or at the IDW message boards.

Thanks for considering.

Shane

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I suppose I could throw my hat in, though I'd like to know what kind of redesigns you're talking about, as I'd hate to commit, only to find out it's something impossible for me to replicate with any consitancy.

3. Andersonh1

Ebay:
    Optimus Frimal is the project originator, so he's the best one to ask about that. I've let him know that I put up this link, so hopefully he'll drop in and make some comments and expound a bit on his ideas. We've got some art from our original artist, so maybe he'll link to that to give you an idea of what he has in mind.

4. Optimus Frimal

Optimus Frimal The Beast Era is coming..

Sorry for the wait for a reply :eek: 

As for the desings we've had a couple of artists contribute to designs so I'll post up a couple by the different artists so you can get a feel of what's been going on so far :) 

Designs by Gantzrunner ( GANTZRUNNER on deviantART )

Nightscream Robot Mode

[​IMG]

Group shot (From left to right; Blackarachnia, Silverbolt, Cheetor, Lio Convoy, Botanica and Nightscream. Front left to right; Rattrap and Razorbeast.

[​IMG]

Pummel (New Character) Beast and Robot Mode

[​IMG]

Psychomud ( psychomud on deviantART )

Spittor Beast and Robot Modes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B'Boom Beast and Robot Modes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you see these and think that they don't fit your style, then don't worry as there isn't really a "set style" for the project, so you can always adapt the designs to your style :)  There are also other designs that we have, but I don't want to post them all up here otherwise the thread will probably go into an image induced meltdown ;) 

5. Andersonh1

Ebay:
    Bump*

Calling all artists! I know you're out there! :)