Artist toys battle rollers -colour variant

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mach, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
  2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That black and silver MP02 Ultra Magnus gun looks very cool! :D 

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    It does indeed. Might have to consider getting it.

4. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fireguts Roller? :peoples: 

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not too impressed.

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I bought that upgrade set with silver roller and the magnus gun, they are pretty good but this is odd.
    Sure blue or silver roller is fine. I would acually preferd a blue one the first time around but I don't know if I want to shell out the money for this.
    The black is also fine I guess, for that upcoming black masterpiece convoy, but what are the other two rollers homageing? Is it some sort of homage at all? or just some random colored Rollers they thrown into the package?

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    When did Rollar become a Seeker?

Definitely a strange decision to make a rainbow color of these. I can understand the grey and blue. I have the grey one with the MP-02/MP-04 upgrade kit and it's pretty slick. I still have no MP-04 but hope to change that soon. Ultra Magnus has been wielding the rifle since the day I got it and it looks fantastic.

The black one is a stretch for Black Convoy but at least they seem to be packing it in with their Black Convoy trailer unless the pics in the other thread about the trailer are just for comparison or something. I'm starting to think it won't be.

The orange is totally strange.

And then to go and make all these colors with the Ultra Magnus rifle is even more strange. They must only be doing that to complete the upgrade kit packages they've already used twice. But how many Ultra Magnus style guns are really going to be in demand beyond the one that was already released?

EDIT: They didn't even get the blue to match the blue used for the trailer parts. I guess that's a 6th colorized version for the future?

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    No, these are "Skittles" EXCLUSIVES! :ev: 

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so are Artist Toys the new kids on the block when it comes to fan toys or have I just been missing something the last few years?

as for these umm cool I guess cant say I have much use for a roller rainbow tho

10. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will these rollers fit with Dalianjj's Masterpiece Optimus Trailer also? I got a blue one, but never a silver one.

11. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Ooo, these look a bit to close to the copyright line, maybe even over it.
    Hope Hasbro doesn't come down too hard on them.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    They have been around for awhile. Two of the Rollar's in these images have been released already:

Grey: MP-04 Rollar & MP-02 Gun Accessory Set - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece at BigBadToyStore
    Clear: MP-04 Rollar & MP-02 Gun Accessory Set - Clear Version (LE 500) - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece at BigBadToyStore

I'm not sure what else they have done.

They will fit, but they might not be in scale. These were designed with the MP-04 trailer in mind and I believe that is a bit smaller than the dalianjj trailer. His trailer came with a Rollar already anyways, which I am assuming is the blue one you mention.

Man, I really want that dalianjj trailer. Too bad he doesn't continue to make them and when they do show up they are super expensive to get a hold of.

See above. They've already released a grey one and BBTS/TFSource carried it, so.. the rainbow of releases are probably not going to be a concern.

13. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Yes, but these rainbow Rollers infringe on copyrights for both Transformers and CareBears!
    Hasbro don't take kindly to double-dippers... 8)

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't give up searching for it. I gave up complete hope of ever getting it, but then a, now former, TFW member sold me his MIB for only tad over original retail shipped. As crazy as it may sound even though I have dalainjj's I still really want to nab an MP-04.

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Well, as strange/bizaar/wtf as these are... BBTS put up some pre-orders for them....

Black Rollar $16.99: MP Black Rollar - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece at BigBadToyStore
    Blue Rollar $16.99: MP Blue Rollar - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece at BigBadToyStore
    Black Gun $8.99: MP-02 Gun - Black Version - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece at BigBadToyStore

I'm surprised they are selling Rollar and the gun individually instead of in the one MP-02/MP-04 upgrade kit they've done before.