Customs: Articulating G1 Figures?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I was wondering if there was ever an official tutorial thread on giving G1 figures and other "bricks" from later lines (i.e. Armada) additional points of articulation. We've seen Devastator and Ptitvite do it, with Chlokai's Grimlock being the most recent to be posted in the kitbashing thread. Would anyone be willing to take the time to explain how you would go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From what I've read and seen, you basically hacking up a bunch of minicons, scounts and deluxe figures for their joints and then modify them as needed to replace the existing parts on the G1 figure. For example in the articulated G1 motormaster the arms, waist and upper legs were canibalized from a classics Ramjet (if I remember correctly).

3. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

i got the arm joints from basic optimus minor, cut the arm in half at the right place and put ball joints in, the hip joints were from lego bionile as the fitted great, basically hacked off the top of his leg and his waist and glued them in place, it may sound easy but it really isn't, i am currently having a lot of probs with my slag

4. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Taking articulations of existing Tf's is mostly what I use. I like the Beast Wars line because it has so many of them balljoints. For smaller figures I take minicons or legends figures. On my G1 Slag I had taken Lego Knights joints for the shoulders. Everything may do the job as the most important thing is to try and hide them as much as you can without compromising the posability.

5. chlokai

your slag looks soo much better than mine, do you want to swap??????

6. Ptitvite

lol Your Slag is fine but you'll have to think of ways to hide the new articulation joints.

7. chlokai

i am working on it, nice idea with the 'high heel' effect in bot bode aswell

8. Ptitvite

Yeah, it's a pity the G1 dinos are deluxe size... i'm still thinking of ways to improve my bashes.

9. chlokai

i know, but my grimlock bash is actually bigger the the classic grimlock which is a bonus, i was thinking of using eng gimlock for a snarl custom a while back but couldn't get him anywhere.