Customs: Articulating a brick - can you help?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, Mar 27, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hey there; thanks for stopping in to read this. Lately I've been doing a couple Shattered Glass repaints into Autobots, but I want to make a Decepticon. I don't have any decent donor figures around except for one. That figure is King Atlas from the Universe line. Since Skyquake was confirmed to have lived in the Shattered Glass universe (Skyquake (SG) - Transformers Wiki), I wanted to make a figure of him.

From what we can see in that picture his color is an amorphous grey. Since Transformers are shown to turn grey upon their cores/embers/sparks going out, this leaves me options for color. However I think King Atlas is good as he stands for a Shattered Glass Skyquake. All I need to do is is replace the red Autobot stickers with red Decepticon ones. Easy enough, sure, but that's just too easy. I'd like to give this guy elbow, thigh, and knee joints. If I could have them all on swivel joints that'd be great, but really I'd be happy with a simple forward-backward motion.

Is there anyone out there whose articulated these bricks before and feels like sharing your knowledge with me? So far my kitbashing consists of an Alternators Bodyshop with a scratchbuilt push-bar. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

~Z

Attached Files:

2. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Have you looked into neo-shifters? the connectors have a forward-backward motion. You could use them to make him more articulated.

3. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Contact member Rodimus Prime on sector70.com

He did this back in '09. He'll be able to help you with your project.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There are several artists here at Radicons who have done this sort of thing. Guys?