Customs: Articulated Predaking

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nemesis Predaking, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I've had these saved on my computer for ages. I found these on one of the Asian boards about a year ago
    The artist was Rain
    I think the final bash was over 20 inches tall.
    Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    That's pretty damn awesome, but... (wah wah, right?) he seems a little too thin/lanky and not as stocky as I always pictured him.

It's still amazing work though. F_R you got your work cut out for you.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Impressive bit of making. But it looks like it's a permanent fixture, like you can't actually separate the figs anymore... and as EO says, it's a fair bit lankier than we've to expect from Predaking.

4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the articulation in the hands, looks great!

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    as much kibble as I use, I can't stand the amount on this guy. that 5th picture looks like more "parts" than transformers.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to know where those hands... I mean manipulators came from.
    Look cool none the less.

7. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, this is the Predaking I was referring too. I did not know there were so many added part needed to form Predaking though. That's a bummer.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

That is indeed an attractive kitbash, but I agree about the overboard kibble.

9. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't care how much kibble it has, I would only display that in all his awesome combined glory anyways. LOL

10. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    ala Stephen Colbert: "RAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And yeah, I'm with Tony. I look at this as though it is a sculpture, never to be disassembled, transformed, or played with. Very awesome looking stuff. :) 

- Alty

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

It's beautiful, man. I have to admit, out of all the combiners, Predaking always held the belt IMO.

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You know this might be cool as an Action Master. But I think its cool.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I agree that there is a lot of parts-forming and "foreign objects" involved with this mod, which goes against my usual aesthetic of fully integrated combiners. I hate extra leftover bits that magic themselves in from "subspace" to form the combined form. In the G1 years, the most perfect expression of combining was, and shall remain Gobots Puzzler for this reason.

HOWEVER, by the standards of a lot of the recent combiner kitbashes we've been getting lately, this thing ROCKS!!! It's beautiful!!

Not sure if it can still break down to individual Predacons. Looks like it almost could... with a little work maybe. Imagine if Divebomb actually got to KEEP those wings!

Also, I have to say that I LOVE the proportions on this guy. We've seen a lot of pretty lanky Devastators lately, and I always saw that character as a brick... but Predaking? He's supposed to be a fast, lean, mean, fighting machine.

Better still, this Predaking seems to have been clearly based on those original Japanese style sheets for Predaking (which afaik, were never used), with the sleek limbs, long guns and impressive wingspan. Still my favourite ever expression of Predaking.

Certainly, it makes me want to do stuff with my junker Predacons. :) 

zmog

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I think this is an awesome mod with no more kibble then many of the recent gestalt bashes we've seen here. This thing is just as impressive as any of them. And as Smog stated, Predaking was always a "lean, mean, fighting machine."

That's an excellent mod and a great use of that cheap, pos KO Predaking :lol 

And by the way those parts look, it's easy to see the seperate Predacons can seperate to their individual forms.

15. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

You wouldn't have any pictures of that giant Superion would you?

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I haven't seen a combiner with this much kibble ever from a Radicon. I tend to have lots of it, and at most, Mine have about 6 parts extra...not 15 like this guy, then 4 more for weapons.

17. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Man if i had one of those! holy i would have it cased n sealed in a very Sick possison! OMG! lol

18. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    No, If I was not a "whore" for the Predacons, I would not have even saved them on my comp.
    I tried looking for them again online but not luck.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

It's not really as bad as that... just because some of the parts can separate, doesn't mean they should be considered separate bits of kibble. Forearms and hands go together, shoulder cannons and wing assembly, hips and crotch plate, etc...

Head, hands and feet are standard combiner kibble. The wings have always been parts-forming on Predaking, and ideally SHOULD be able to work with Divebomb, but it doesn't look like they do.

All the new customs we've seen lately make use of an extraneous hip/upper leg section and substantial forearms. The only thing that really seems excessive on this figure would appear to be Razorclaw's "vest" and enlarged mane piece. It does seem like a lot of extra... sort of like an exo-skeleton with Predacons inside (sort of like those micromaster combiners).

I tend to prefer the "perfect transformation" aesthetic most of the time... but then, the final result in this case just looks so GOOD. :) 

zmog

20. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Am I the only one who thinks that the Big F***in Wings are SICK! Ever since
    I saw the poster with A huge Predaking dwarfing Defensor and Superion I hoped for a gestalt that could recreate such a scene of awesomeness.

Well looks like there was one made apparently. Lanky...perhaps. But the claws for hands and huge wings as well as loonngggg shoulder turrets are PURE WIN!

Frenzy Rumble- Find a way to do this with less kibble...but the BFW's are a must for predaking mode at least, and the long turrets and claws as well.

You can do it...you're you.