Heavy/Scratch: Articulated Metroplex (wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deaculpa, Jun 29, 2011.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Captains Log
    Must. finish. 75% done.
    just overcame the biggest hurdle of this project, got the legs solid and stabilized. huge ball (lol) joints added at the knees and toes. he can bend and pose now. the ball joints are huge. LED coming in the head, thanks to all those that assisted, notably hank. head is currently unattached, working on neck/LED next. huge balls in the joints.

alt mode/ city mode
    theres a ton of empty space in the legs so...added a building, looks radar tower-ish...almost surely am going to add another building inside the other leg. havent fully decided what to do with the head but i need to decide soon. it may just turn around like shown, facing rear in altmode. arms have magnets where the hands attach, in case i decide to make additional attachments for city mode... which i will, just not sure what yet.

I've been working on this guy for a couple weeks, based on uuser's Metroplex with my own additions. Nothing's painted, although I primed the elbows so the original color wasnt so distracting while I worked. Because it was.

- Not done, but two heads which will be interchangeable: one with original G1 + an articulated/ball-jointed neck; the other with a new face, taken from Primus, also ball jointed, but a wip. (definitlely want feedback on this). The latter will (hopefully) have a red led in its final state. Thanks to F/R for the hot glue gun instructions for filling the eyes, which I have yet to do.

- Articulated arms - ball joint installed inside shoulder, allowing lower arms to swing in and out. Bicep and elbow taken from a junker MP prime, I really like the pistons and think they work well. Forgot to put the pistons on one of the arms for these photos, but they'll be there.

- New hands, from Crossovers hulk. They currently attach magnetically, but I'm mulling a ball joint for better movement. Not sure.

- Thighs are also from Crossovers Hulk. theyre currently giving me a little trouble, but I'll handle.

All comments and crits welcome, thanks for looking!
    Sorry for the shite pics, gotta use my phone for the time being.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Fantastic man I'm liking the primes face, it's a nice update with the other articulation you have added. This is on my list of want to does

3. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

awesome work on this deaculpa the upgrades youve done so far are looking amazing, but my favorite mod so far are those hands they look perfect cant wait to see your take on this complete.

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Prime face + Hands ... are pure WIN!! Now I have to revisit mine :(  *sigh*

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Thanks bro! I just picked up a couple junker metroplexes on eBay, there's still plenty of them out there for $20 or so. This is a fun one, and much easier than building a dev!

I'm honored, I marvel at your work and hope to someday reach your level of skill and creativity. That grimlock is easily one of the best customs ever! I'm looking forward to seeing more of him!

Funny story- I was trying to drill out the original eyeholes on the G1 head like you and uuser and totally butchered it. I happened to have a primus sitting around and gave it a shot and voila! Thanks for the compliments!

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Awesome!

7. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i have a metroplex, i just need a hulk crossover

and im quite sure anything is easier than building a dev!

cant wait to see what else you have lined up for this guy

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    an update for the heads that care. thanks!

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    It's awesome save one thing the torso seems a bit short to me. But still an awesome bash

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    isnt that metroplex's curse? that he has never had an abdomen? he just goes from shoulders to hips, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    based my statment off of reading his IDW spotlight. if thats the artwork you have been using you are spot on