Customs: Articulated Liger Megatron hand.....the customizer strikes again.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by hateMONGER, Aug 28, 2005.

1. hateMONGER

hateMONGER ギャラクシーギガクラッシュ

Well....pulled this off from the TF Customs Board.

As a refresher....this guys used an Energon Unicron's left hand to create Liger Convoy with fully articulated fingers and shoulder here:
    [​IMG]

Well....he strikes again with the fully articulated fingers and shoulder for Liger Megatron from an Armada Unicron. Not show accurate, but provides a nice contrast:
    [​IMG]
    Like how he made the Sonic Liger Convoy with both arms locking fingers. Looks like he's gonna lay a beatdown somewhere :D 

He also gave the recipe for how to do it as well...but my brain's too fried to translate it....may do it in the morning. Here's his pic in any case as to what parts should be needed/left over after dismantling and where you should place ole Uni's fingers:
    [​IMG]

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    i wish there was a way to make it transformable still. I wanna make fingers for mine, but i dun wanna lose transformability either.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    To make Sonic Liger Convoy, don't you just need to unscrew one of the arms?

The three screws on the arm's 'plug' (that connects into the body) is all you need to remove to disconnect the arm from the black swing bars that hold it to the body, no?

4. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Damn shame you have to cannibalise two toys to make a show-accurate arm. It would have been better if Hasbro and Takara made Ligerjack's legs removable and had a hand attachment hidden in a compartment on his body or something...

5. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    T.Pooka told me Energon Unicrons shelfwarmed and were on serious clearance over there, so its a good job that guy can get one for spare hands for the same price as a Ligerjack.

At SDCC, I recall that Hasbro showed some photos of Ligerjack's initial prototype that had the Liger Convoy fingers hidden in his upper legs.

I assumed that meant to reveal the fingers, you needed to rotate the lower legs around so the fingers are flipped out (and the lower legs and feet are inside the hollow thieghs).
    But then they removed the fingers and covered up the hole with that strange slatted detailing on the front of Ligerjack's thieghs.

6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Hmm.. depending on how much I like Liger Convoy (And don't like Liger Jack) This is something that i'd definately think of...

Was there a better walkthrough for it? I guess I don't quite get it since I havn't handled LJ yet.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, and I think I just saw some unicrons on clearance at kb earlier too. if I'd have seen this, I woulda actually looked at what the price was...

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can see the original prototype pic from ASM's coverage of SDCC. Specifically, this picture here: http://www.asmzine.com/features/conventions/sdcc05/gallery/sdcc05-hasbro-transformers/images/foto41.html

Note that there are other significant changes made to the mold since then, as well. Why they changed it is beyond me.

9. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Great mod. Actually makes it look like an ARM, instead of just a folded-up beast thing.

Why the final version lost articulated fingers, I'll never know. Probably cheaped out.

-XCN-

10. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Definitely cheaped out. He lost the waist articulation that the original design had too. Makes you sad to know we could have gotten that.

11. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Notice how Hasbro's concept sketch has plenty of instructions that are thrown out the window on the production toy :D 

12. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

I made one that still transforms doesnt require that much work if any one is interested.........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan to do the same thing once I get a dark liger jack.

13. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Gonzo definitely got them, so what's the ****ing deal Takara? *shakes fist at them, assuming they were responsible*

Edit>>
    Wowzers! Instructions please?

14. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

dont no y but i lik yours more probs because of where the thumb is :lol  very kool

15. Big_Truk_Convoy

yeah thumb is a bit out of place but thats where it is on the model in the show so I figured meh, I wont have to drill any new holes.

Ill post pics of the pieces when I get home.

Edit: I think its worth noting that the pic of the GalaxyConvoy with the 2 ligers holding his hands together is a really cool nod to GaoGaiGar and his Hell and Heaven finishing move :) 

16. Cobra_Commander

no i wasnt takin the piss i lik it there i look , lik u said, where it should be

i wish i had skill enough to do that :( 

17. Big_Truk_Convoy

its easy, you'll see

18. Cobra_Commander

dude im scared to put mic sounders sticker eyes on i dont think i could do that

19. Big_Truk_Convoy

LOL

yeah, your gonna need a drimel tool, some varied size screws, an exacto knife and some super glue.

20. Cobra_Commander

:(  , i never lik to do stuff incase i mess up my tf