Articulated hands wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by Grepicon, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Grepicon

Grepicon Well-Known Member

OK everyone, here is the deal. I have been politely asking and inquiring for the past 5 months on the availability of these items.

I have been jerked around, lied to to and frozen out of the custom cast repro articulated hand market. You would think these things are freakin blood diamonds with the shroud of secrecy these are enveloped in.

There are currently two prominent customizers who are using these with every single custom they make, and they do not make them available to the "Public".

I would like to convert my G1 Jetfires hands.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

That's mainly where customizers get them, from Japanese hobby sites. I acquired some from another member, but lo and behold, the package is shrouded in Japanese writing. Plus having the attitude you are having, I doubt people are going to help you.

Some people even use Alternators hands, and cast molds to make many sets.

3. Grepicon

I have been to these Japanese Hobby sites. I do not read Japanese, and when I use Google translater, it usually says they are out of stock.

So - who did you buy the hands from (who purchased them from Japanese Hobby sites)?

WHO is casting Alternator hands?

My attitude is one of frustration. Haven't you ever been frustrated from trying to procure some parts for a long time? Have you ever been lied to to? Have you ever had multiple emails go unanswered? That is my attitude.

4. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Sure I have, but being frustrated, and short with people only leads to unwillingness to help. I am still in the beginning phases of learning how to cast since I haven't been able to find help, but there are tutorials on Youtube that you can learn it from. Why not learn to do it, cast a crapload and sell them for a good price? I may do that eventually when I find the time. Not sure how big Jetfire is, but maybe you can check the Junk Pit for a junker TFTM Leader Prime, or even just his hands.

5. Grepicon

You did not answer either of my questions. Please answer them.

I do not have the time, money and ability to cast right now with the beginning of the semester. I included pictures to show the size in relation to a quarter.

I am tired of looking through junk pits, sending emails, not getting answers.

This is why I created this thread. I have read every other thread regarding these hands, and this happens every time.

When you cast a crapload of the hands, please contact me.

6. Grepicon

7. Grepicon

I will pay $20 for a set of hands

8. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

I would suggest the 07 leader movie prime hands for G1 jetfire, you can probably find a cheap one on ebay.

I have a set of MP prime hands, if you want them, $20.00 shipped. the leader prime and MP prime hands are about the same size.

(edit): 07 leader prime on ebay for $27.00 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-MO...092?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a345fad4

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    In my years of collecting and selling I've never known anyone to turn down money. If those guys won't deal with you, I suspect it's because they can no longer get these hands, and that no one wants to talk about it... not that they don't like you. But I may be wrong.

These things take time, OP ;)  Keep your chin up - good look in your quest!

Have you tried a 1/48 scale Yamato valk's hands? They're articulated - maybe track down a smashed one that still has the arms?

10. Grepicon

Thypera and Dethpike, thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I am kind of steering away from the leader prime hands, played with them the other day and don't know if that's what I would like + they are not white. I wish I could track down a smashed 1/48 Valkyrie for the hands, but that has not been the case.

After reading back to 2007 to the present on numerous boards on this subject, I see that I am not the only one who has been left hanging in regards to this item. I can't say that it made me feel any better about the situation - but made it feel less personal.

It is difficult to cast, with a significant amount of material waste due to size of the parts and is very time-consuming.

It also seems that every time a board member attempts to organize a bulk buy - the vendor flakes out AND people always complain about the prices. It has never failed in the 4 years of posts I read last week.

I have looked at every Asian Hobby site to my ability, IOFFER, TAOBAO and a little of YahooJapan auctions. I used Google Translated and a "mouse-over" program.

I do not wish to scratch-build a pair of hands as I have a limited amount of work I am able to do with my own hands each day due to arthritis. I have read the tutorials on the connector tubes and styrene fabrication.

I am a pretty patient guy, but more than 120 days goes by with no progress and a majority of the featured customs are rocking articulated hands, it makes me sad.

There is also a specific reason I am looking for white hands as well:)