Heavy/Scratch: Articulated G1 KO Devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by formula93, Apr 24, 2010.

1. formula93

formula93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This started off as one of those super cheap KO Devastators you find in places like Big Lots or Gordmans. To get in some experience with this kind of thing, I decided to give him some articulation and a dirtier paint job than I'm accustomed to doing. Decided to make him non-transforming, as that's still quite a bit out of my range. Used an Alt Sideswipe for the thighs, knees, waist, forearms, hands, neck, and part of the head. Used the shoulder ball joints from some junker shark TF I had laying around. Scratch built his abdomen and the rear part of his upper torso, along with the legs right below the knees. Also built his gun out of styrene.

Primed him with Krylon ultra flat black. Basecoat of custom green (thanks for the tips, F_R) and model masters grape pearl. Lots of washes and drybrushing, highlights with model masters chrome and yellow, then some military brown mixed with red and white for the dirt. Sealed with a couple laters of a flat topcoat.The proportion is a bit off (too skinny) and there are a few more things I'd do differently next time, but I learned a lot.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
  2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that looks really good man. those alternator pieces work great. def. looking forward to more of your work!

3. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that looks AWESOME!

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I think he turned out pretty darn cool.Nice job.